Elespia Keylogger inside of SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Yangdantien, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yangdantien

Yangdantien Guest

I am getting a warning from a anti-keylogger (rather not say which is detecting it just yet just incase the bastard hacker is privy to this forum) that Elespia a key logger program is on my system. When I remove it my Spyware Blaster comes up with a missing file or one of its components: MSCOMCTL.OCX
    I am running Windows XP Professional with the new Service Pack2 the security center informs me there is no signed certificate in re-downloading SpywareBlaster from any of the mirror sites. Also Javacools missing file site is down! Is there a signed copy to be had perhaps free of this insidous invasion of privacy such as any keylogger program represents?

2. Yangdantien

Yangdantien Guest

Thank You Snap...any insight to this keylogger Elespia (the spy in Spanish) and how its getting inserted into recent downloads of SpywareBlaster? Any idea on how to acquire a signed copy of the program? Thanx again!

Snap said "Hi Yangdantien,

Since you have started an identical thread here where you've enter the title you wanted:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=47904

I will lock this duplicate one and remove it shortly.

Regards,

snap"

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

That file is part of your OS - not SpywareBlaster.

However, SpywareBlaster needs that file to operate.

It should be apparent that the file is not a part of SWB since Java has it hosted for download to fix the problem encountered when it is missing.

The missing files download listed in the SWB troubleshooting sticky here works fine for me.

edited to fix url tags - Detox

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  4. Yangdantien

Yangdantien Guest

Re: Elespia Keylogger inside of SpywareBlaster??

Thank you Detox, the missing file download worked. The site found on Javacools (http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/downloads/tools/missingfilesetup.exe) was down. I was just looking through the forum when I saw your reply. The same Elespia keylogger came up when I went to download Spyguard and it wouldn't open till the missing file was reloaded. After downloading the and running the missing file I check with my anti-keylogger and sure enough it was back, without restart! I also emptied my prefetch in prep for restart as well as a thorough clean. Before I restart I just wondered if anyone else has encountered this Elsepia? However it hijacked the MSCOMCTL.OCX file which both Javacools software use and I am unable to determine where it came from other than a "unsigned"certificate during downloading!

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hm... well, to be honest without knowing what application you cleaned the keylogger with, we can't really be sure whether this may be a false positive, etc.

I'll check a little and see if there may have been any FPs involving this lately or not.

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.