Messaging request

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Feivel, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

Whenever I start the NOD32 scanner, I get the default MAPI error message although NOD still opens and runs perfectly. Anyone have any idea how I can disable that annoying message. Other than that, if I didn't open the scanner and ran scheduled scans, I wouldn't even know NOD32 worked since it does a "too good" job. And I still wonder why I suffered through nightmares with other AV programs :)

2. f_disk

f_disk Guest

What do you use for your email client?

3. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

I use Pegasus since I find Eudora a bit much (although a great program with a huge user base) and there is no way anyone would convince me to use OE or Outlook. Pegasus seems to me to be the safest email client i have ever used. Eudora is second with Calypso close on it's heels. The error message claims there is no default mailer and it asks me to setup Outlook. Why does NOD32 want that? I did not enable any network settings in NOD32 so what is it expecting to email?

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Feivel,

Maybe you already did this. If so, please forget I ever posted ;)
    In Internet Explorer > Tools > Options > tab Programs check if Pegasus is listed as your default E-mail client.

Regards,

Pieter

5. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

I am like an elephant, I will never forget :) Yes, Pegasus is listed as my default email client.

6. Pieter_Arntz

Did you trie this as well?

Pegasus Mail:
    With Pegasus Mail, an icon is added to your program group for the program called 'Setup Pegasus MAPI support. Click on that icon, and follow instructions.

HTH,

Pieter

7. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

In the newer versions of Pegasus the program is named wpmapi.exe and you are given the option of installing simple MAPI or MAPI 1.0. Neither do anything in regards to eliminating the error message for me. Instead of "attacking" the problem from a MAPI standpoint, how about turning off the reason NOD32 is checking for a default email client? I have not enabled POP scanning nor do I have any network that needs email from NOD32. Can anyone tell me why NOD32 is looking?

8. Pieter_Arntz

I'll have to leave it to the Eset folk then. I'm sure they will jump in shortly. Sorry I couldn't be of assistance.

Regards,

Pieter

9. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

Not a problem Pieter, thanks for trying

10. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hey Feivel,

have you seen our FAQ at

http://www.nod32.com/support/ans/6h.htm ?

As it is written there we want to give the users the possibility to avoid this annoying message in the new NOD version :cool:

jan

11. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

Figures that I'd overlook something so simple (how do I insert that embarrased smiley?). So you already had an answer to my problem. Guess I really should learn to read the FAQ FIRST. But then again that might make your life as tech support too easy :) Glad to see you are already considering a way to eliminate that message by aloowing the user to choose if NOD32 uses MAPI32.DLL. Anyway, out of curiosity, why does NOD32 want to access MAPI32.DLL even when no options requiring email are chosen?

12. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Well, NOD is accessing the MAPI32.DLL by default. The checkbox can help. :)

regards,

jan

13. bubs

bubs Registered Member

Feivel - welcome to Wilders!

Long time no see :D ;)

14. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

I been around but a bit preoccupied. In other words, I had nada to say so I just kept my big fat mouth shut :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.