Update Request On Condition Of....

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by TheSnowGuy, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

CHECKOUT AND ROOT......would someone be so kind as to let me know if their health has improved.........when I left the forum both these guys were just out of the hospital...........

THANKS

THAT SNOWGUY/SNOWMAN

2. root

root Registered Member

Hi Snowman. Good to hear from you again. I hope you are doing better now. I have missed your pretty face. :D

I'm ok. Been stuck in lurker mode for some time now. Lost interest in a lot of stuff I used to be interested in and things that were important before may not be so now. This is not the time or the place to wax philosophical, but as you well know, one goes through major change when dealing with divorce, death, major surgery and deteriorating health conditions.

Probably the biggest thing I am dealing with is having memory and attention span problems. Twenty years of hard drinking and years of being on pain killing drugs does a job on your brain and memory. Oh, the joy of growing older and paying the price for my behaviour. Can't complain though as I am much better off than most of the people in the world.

Checkout is around somewhere as he dropped in a couple of weeks ago to say hi. Wondering where Paul is now.

Take care friend. Good to see ya again, really.

Ghery aka root

3. ROOT...........there's my old buddy..by golly ms molly!!! So good to see you post.......honestly makes my day............you and checky are considered old friends.......
    Yes, I'm doing somewhat better......that darn infection just keeps returning..no matter how much meds the doc gives me....so now I am back to battling it on my own..........
    I've returned to the working class....but not for long....just needed something to do....an being payed for it does help............
    Now Rooter...don't you go kicking yourself.......we all have had bad moments in life.....otherwise we would not be living..just existing...an thats no fun.........look at what got me..a lousy turkey dinner!!!...layed me down for two years.....hell thats an insult.....shot twice in Nam....only to be layed out years later by a turkey dinner.....its just the roll of the dice......
    Right now I am beginning an entirely new life....an having a ball......an I would be will to bet that you still could do the same......heck, there are things we all need to forget...so you maybe blessed being able to...an who can define old....its just a point in time....when they begin throwing the dirt on top....then thats being old......otherwise....you got lots of mischief left in you.....get with it...use it......
    yeah.I notice Paul was not around......but like us Paul will survive..I doubt if he would know any other way.......its a way of life.

When you see ole Checky...please give him my regards.....that ole rino needs to drop in more often...just to defy the odds....cause he can.
    As for me....I wont stick around...just hanging out over the weekend....like you..somethings just don't have the same meaning as once..nor hold the same interest.............computers and the internet have lost my interest..........
    anyway Root.....you have a friend.........take good care....

That Darn snowmanguy again

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

For Root :

Dear Ghery,

I am sooo happy to hear from you !!!!!

I feel so extremely ashamed that I did not send you an email in the last months.
    All the time I was thinking that I was the one who caused you to hardly post on the board.
    Just because I made once again a very unfriendly posting, several months ago, to you (one of my VERY dear friends on the internet!!!!!).
    I feel so much ashamed and embarrased about my own behaviour that time...

Dear Ghery,
    I am feeling so deeply sorry for what has been happening to you
    Please know that during ALL these times I missed you a lot !!!!!

It is very much about time that I change my behaviour to my old dear friends
    :oops: :oops: :oops:

I was missing you, and SnowMan, and Pete, and John, and CheckOut, and Paul, and lots of other old friends for sooo long

OK, a little update about Paul:
    Several weeks ago I had a very short phone-call with him.
    And a week ago I talked a few minutes with his partner (Paul was visiting his parents at that time).
    They are very busy with moving-houses; and that will continue the next month.

Ghery and Snowy,
    I am wishing you all the very best.
    Hang in there my old friends !!!!!

Most warmest regards from your friend,
    Jan.

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

May I add a few more :

Kent, Larry, Z-X, Mickey, TD, Lars, TB, WriterRanger, Rod, Rod, Dan, Ton, Pieter, Brigitte, Albert, Joseph, Allan, Jeffery, Heather, Lynn, Sassy, Sub, and so many more...

I'm missing you ALL guys and girls !!!!!

I hope ALL of you are doing OK !!!!!

Warm regards, Jan.

6. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

FANJ

Jan, good morning..(my area)....an as always such a pleasure to share a post with you. An yes, I also notice many of of our old friends?members aren't around these days..........but..for many years we were as a family......sure many of us had our up's and downs with fellow members....no big deal.....such things happen.....any person not big enough to forgive and forget in a very small person indeed.....all in all....its a great group of people here......an you Jan have been an encouragement to so many....
    I can understand very well what our friend Root is expressing......have gone through some changes of my own....an sometimes changes does not come easy......
    An yes, imo, the forum has also had its changes....thousands of new members to add alittle spice and wisdom to the enviorment.....it would be impossible for everyone to agree on all things at all times...an thats to be expected.....an should never be a cause for ill feelings.....just differant opinions and thoughts being shared......
    Jan over the years you have been the calm in a time of storms....an you can be very proud of your positive efforts.
    Personally I have just about totally lost interest in matters of computer security. So you wont see much of me around the forum these days....
    Well my friend.....I hope Jan that you are doing well....your post reminded me to get in contact with Pete.........who has always been a very special friend to me...I hope he is well...............an my regards to Paul if you speak with him again.......

TheSnowGuy/snowman

7. root

root Registered Member

If you're still around snowman, thanks for the encouraging words. It was good to hear from you and know that you are doing a little better, if I understand you correctly. I wish you all the best in health and in your future endeavors.
    I suppose I will get back into trying to help others a bit, where I can. Being disabled and not getting out much, the computer is my best link to the outside world.
    I should thank you for bringing me out of hibernation and reminding me that I can either be helpful or of little use to myself or anyone else. So thanks for popping in and saying hi and please drop in from time to time and let us know how you are doing. There are a lot of people you have helped around here and I do believe they do care about your wellbeing.
    I have three or four major surgeries pending right now, but they want to wait for me to heal from the bypass. I guess I'm like Bill Clinton in that I am grateful that my problems were detected before having a major heart attack or a stroke. Life is always so much better when I concentrate on the things I have as opposed to the things I don't have that I think I need.
    All my best to you my friend.

Jan, I'm sorry you felt responsible for my lack of participating. I should have emailed you a long time ago. I lost interest in life itself after the bypass and I know now that there are many aftereffects of such surgeries for many and it takes time to heal both physically and mentally.
    Like Snowman, you have always been a very helpful and caring person, Jan, and I would never harbour any ill feeling towards you.
    Take care Jan and thank you for your concern.
    Thanks too for the update on Paul. If you talk to him again, please say I said hi and hope things are ok.

8. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

ROOT

Now ya talking.....get back in the game....raise hell and kick butt....even if only mentally.......cause the way I see it the world needs a few good man and ladies right now......an Root you have alot to give.......

Whats a little surgery...when you already survived the bypass....you are way ahead of the game.....an the odds are with you.......but you got to want to live......you got to really want it Root.........life and living is the only game in town.....so play it for all that its worth.......

As for me......yeah, they had me down the past couple of years....an man what fun it was showing them that I wasn't going to stay down....that I wasn't giving up.......an that I was going to WIN......just like you will WIN also friend ROOT.............an when Checky returns you two guys teach those who are willing to learn.....an you will live yet another generation......
    My goals have been set.....impossible goals to reach....so guess it will take me a year or so to achive the impossible LOL.....an yes I still have that crappy illness....an will require surgery again someday....but not today....an right now I am content with today....its real..its here...its NOW!!! My choice to enjoy it..or not.
    From time to time I'll drop by..........an will be here a few more days yet.........along the way I made some friends....a few un-friendlies as well....an it was always fun......an thats the real reward.....sharing and caring and having a wonderful time.............its still a good world...worth the effort to make even better.....un-fortunately for me I just am swamped at the moment.....not much spare time for computers or internet.....so you take up the slack ROOT......you are a GOOD MAN.....an in a pinch I would be grateful to have you watching my back.....cause for sure you would be there.......

9. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Nice to hear you are all coming back into the land of the living....never ever give in until the choice is taken away from you.....just as long as you can say "I'm still alive" everything else is a Bonus and live it to the best you possibly can.....just remember Friends..........IT AIN'T OVER 'TIL IT'S OVER....I was once told that the best thing that can happen to you is to have Friends who REALLY care what happens to you and if you have that your damn lucky...... ;)

Cochise, :cool:

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Threads like this are what make Wilders the best community on web.

11. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

RON.....yes you are correct............an its people like you and Big Chief Cochise that makes this community....A FAMILY OF FRIENDS......

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Chocise sure puts things in perspective. He can laugh about things and make you realize what's really important. And it's not computers, it's people.

And Snowy, I remember you coming to my aid once in a thread. I never forget who my friends are.

13. Douglas

Douglas Guest

Boy was it neat to see a thread with three of the guys (Jan, Root, and Snowy) who made this forum the loving (if you'll accept the use of that term) place that it was. The three of you always wanted to help, and do nothing but help.
    Pretty nice to see!

Douglas

14. sakharg

sakharg Registered Member

Root, my dad had a triple bypass too, two years before he was diagnosed with diabetes, and lung and liver cancer (he passed away a few years ago). You're absolutely right, life's priorities quickly change once these kinds of things happen. Please hang in there, okay, and learn to rely on friends and family. You are never alone.

And everyone, be well and stay well.

15. ritalaxman

ritalaxman Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I am a very junior member and would like to say sorry if I am barging in!
    All of us have our ups and downs, but we should have faith in God. Believe that everything is for the best and go on with our lives. U may feel who the hell is this to advise us, but I too have faced a few things in life and Life is for living - no matter what. So cheer up guys. God bless u all.

Rita

16. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Root, you just take care of yourself, healing vibes and thoughts coming your way.

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.