TrueImageMonitor.exe

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by boejoe, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boejoe

boejoe Registered Member

My Win XP Task List always shows this TrueImageMonitor.exe task running, even when I don't use TI. What is it for?

2. MilesAway

MilesAway Guest

Search the forum and you will find your answer, basically, it is a service that checks for scheduled tasks (I think).

Some people don't like it, some do. I personally don't care, w/4gb's of ram in all of machines, who really cares about anything ?

3. boejoe

boejoe Registered Member

Well, if that is so, it should not be running when you did not schedule any backups. ... and I didn't.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Boejoe --

There is indeed a description of what this service does. In brief, Acronis True Image treats all backups like scheduled ones.

Thank you.

5. boejoe

boejoe Registered Member

Well, I searched the TI UserGuide PDF file for "TrueImageMonitor" but could not find any mention of it anywhere, so I don't know where it is described. But be as it may, as a programmer myself, I just find it odd having a task running all the time that apparently has nothing to do besides using up memory and CPU cycles. But then I don't know all the design concepts that went into that particular design and maybe if I knew, I would understand it.

6. tom_servo

tom_servo Guest

I have to agree. If there is no current use of "TrueImageMonitor.exe" then "TrueImageMonitor.exe" should not be running. PERIOD. This is what I usually refer to as SLOP, inattention to detail and poor design decision making.

7. boejoe

boejoe Registered Member

Well, with the MSCONFIG utility I promptly disabled both the TrueImageMonitor and the schedhlp programs during startup.

8. ?????

????? Guest

yeah, but they have to be running to fire up ti. you'll end up making a bat file to start the services, start ti, then stop the services.

9. boejoe

boejoe Registered Member

Hm, not being a Windows XP programer, I'm not sure what sense this makes, but can't TI start those services as the first instructions of the program and shut them down as the last ones? Do the services have to be running already when TI is executed?

10. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

The True Image Monitor can be stopped from startup, but the schedhlp *must* be kept running in Msconfig, or the service "Acronis Scheduler2 Service", which is listed at the top of "Services" will not be running, and ATI will not do an image or restore. Best to type in Start>Run>"Services.msc" (without the quotes) and at the very top of the list check and make sure the "Acronis Scheduler2 Service" is started. I disabled both of those items from starting and had h*ll figuring out what was wrong.

Allen L.

11. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.