WG Problem with Incredimail FIXED!!!

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by worldcitizen, Aug 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

Just letting everyone know that to my amazement Incredimail now works perfectly with WG :D :D :D

I think what did it was XP SP 2 because the Help Centre now also opens with WG turned on whereas previously it did not. I only noticed it by accident when I decided to install WG again as I was goign to use Outlook Express but when I had to go back to Incredimail for something I noticed it worked from the system tray as well as all the links working. I couldn't believe my eyes!!!

I am very happy with this and I want to personally thank everyone for all their help especially Jooske for putting up with my tantrums.

Dave

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi worldcitizen, Good news! DCS always said it was a windows bug, looks like MS has fixed it. Wonder if the fast user switching issues have also be resolved? - But that is for another thread maybe.

Cheers. Pilli

3. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

Hi Pilli,

You know, I was so frustrated having the best programs and having to cut corners and compromise security and I am so happy about this but also very, very grateful to you guys that tried so hard to help. I know I annoyed you all and am very sorry for that but if you read what happened to me the other week you might understand. I nearly had to call a PC technician to come out because I was infiltrated and couldn't even do a full format it was that bad. I did 7 installs of Windows but could only use the quick format and the bugs survived them all. I eventually deleted them and later installed XP SP 2 .

I haven't checked the user switching with Process guard yet but I really would love to use it as I bought it and it's just sitting in a folder gathering dust.

I always know that I should shop more appreciation for you guys and I'm sorry for appearing angry and throwing tantrums and although you couldn't fix it you spent so much time trying to help and that is real class. I feel so relieved now I can use Wormguard and so, so thankful to guys like you and Jooske.

Best Regards

dave

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

To a certain extent we know that many users arrive at these forums frustrated and desperate but, hopefully, we can usually help and that is the satisfying part, also we all learn from the expeience - Can't all be bad :)

Enjoy your weekend. - Pilli

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Glad for several things:
    we were right from the beginning (of course!)
    MS finally repaired what had to be fixed, (would be time!)
    and you got it all working fine now (of course!)

So up to your next stages in experiencing the nicer parts with security!

Thanks for telling! :cool:

6. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Hi worldcitizen,

Bit late I know, but I noticed you had problems doing a full format, so I would recommend the free software Darik's Boot & Nuke which can totally wipe everything on a drive or a partition. It's based on the Linux kernel, can be booted from a floppy/CD and can be obtained from

http://dban.sourceforge.net/

After wiping you can boot from the XP CD and create the partitions again before re-installing XP in the knowledge that it truly will be a fresh installation.

No nasty can survive the treatment it dishes out!

7. strawbarigurl

strawbarigurl Registered Member

IncrediMail problems

Well, I'm having problems with IncrediMail. And now, I realize that they've set it up so you can't even uninstall the program and delete it by removing the folders. It's very upsetting. What happens is that when I go into my IM and try to change a letter style in the style box, the whole program freezes! I can stay in animations of sounds and email, but I can't change the letter that pops up from Letters or Ecards. I've written to them and so far they've been NO HELP! It's very, very, VERY frustrating!!

StrawbariGurl :mad:

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.