Pest Patrol "finding" SWB twaintech entry (i think)

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by HandsOff, Aug 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Hi -

I'm not sure what to do when one security program detects an entry of SWB's and reports it as malware. I think that is what happened when pest patrol detected the twain-tech entry {000020dd-c72e- ...}. I don't normally like to get involved, but is this something that Javacool is interested in knowing? Surely Pest Patrol should be able to recognize the entry for what it is? I mean Javacool consistantly uses the same format...I am going to put the key on pest patrols ignore list of course, but what about all the user's out their less sophisticated than I :D ? anyway, just curious

- HandsOff

2. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

Handsoff, I don't know if you are aware of this or not but there are other applications that mistaken SWB protections as "threats". I'll give you an example, I used to use Xoftspy just to try it out and it found "coolwebsearch" in my registry. The problem was WHERE it found it. It was under a "Restriction" key or something like that. So don't automatically assume that every piece of software is right and won't have false positives and also, you should know like I do to NEVER doubt Javacool! :cool: :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.