Spywareguard Question

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by daddio, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddio

daddio Registered Member

Hi,

I have multiple users set on my PC using home window XP. I installed Spywareguard on the admin/owner user login, the other users I set up do not have admin rights but have have limited rights.

My questions:
    The other users do not have or see Spywareguard v2.2 even though it is installed under the admin's login, is this supposed to be like that, do I need to install Spywareguard in each users account individually?

Thanks.

2. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

I believe you need to install SG on each account.

And ... welcome to Wilders!

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

You will probably need to put a shortcut to the main program (sgmain.exe) in every user's Startup folder (or just in the registry, alternatively).

Once you do that, it'll start up and protect every user. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. daddio

daddio Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I put a shortcut to the main program (sgmain.exe) in every user's Startup folder as suggested, but received the following errors:

Error Starting SpywareGuard Browser Hijacking Protection - please reinstall Spywareguard.

Warning: The SpywareGuard definitions files are missing or corrupted. LiveUpdate will now be started automatically...

The SpywareGuard Live Updtate application cannot be found! You should probably uninstall and reinstall Spywareguard.

Any other suggestions? Also as suggested, I will install the program in each user logins, but at last resort since it will take up more disk space. Looking for a more simple solution, if any.

Thanks!

5. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld Registered Member

The usual practice to make software available to all users is to put the shortcuts in the All Users account start menu. However depending on the app, you might also have to set permissions on the app's exe file.

I don't know about SpyGuard, as I am not using it (I tried it, had problems with it, posted here but no reply, so uninstalled until I get a solution).

6. daddio

daddio Registered Member

Hi,

I put the shortcut in the All Users account start menu and it seemed to work.
    Thanks for your suggestion. And thanks for everyone who replied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.