rasautou.exe?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Someguy, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Someguy

Someguy Registered Member

I am using the free PG currently.

I have lots of entries in my log like:
    c:\windows\system32\rasautou.exe with commandline rasautou -a "www.insertURLhere.com" was blocked from running.

Anyone has an idea?

I did NOD32 heuristic, Spybot and Ewido scans, no result.

Any ideas? Thanks all...

2. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

rasauto.exe is the Remote Access Auto Connection Manager. I have this service turned off (disabled). You can turn it off using Services.msc.

I have found some programs "want" to use it, but I don't allow any Remote Access.

I have also found that IE web pages initially start up faster with this service off.

3. joeh

joeh Guest

I also disabled it, I no longer get the "rasautou.exe unable to write to memory" error. Thanks.

4. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Alternatively if you just let it run once (PERMIT ONCE in ProcessGuard) you will be able to see each URL that is supplied to it, might be useful in some instances.

But I would probably suggest disabling it like the others said. :)

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

This is just happening because you tried to access a website while you weren't connected to the internet. When you try to, rasauto.exe runs and dials you up.

The easiest way to get rid of it, is to go to your IE TOOLS menu, Internet Options. Then in CONNECTIONS, click your dialup icon and choose the option "never dial a connection" - it must be set to always dial ? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.