SearchForIt Toolbar

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Joe, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe Registered Member

Every time that I open Spyware Blaster 3.2 I find that one item in the Internet Explorer Protection section has been disabled and that is the SearchForIt Toolbar.

I renable protection but the next day when I go back the same situation is there again. I have been through all the information that I can find on it, but the registry and other information that I am told to delete does not seem to exist anywhere.

Can anyone please tell me how I can overcome this?

Regards
    Joe

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I just noticed that one of those links leads to a previous thread of yours. :D

I guess this problem you're having now is related. ;)

snowbound

4. Joe

Joe Registered Member

Thanks for that Snowbound, it certainly led to some interesting reading.

I will run my other anti spyware programs one by one until I see something and then report back.

Greatly appreciated.

5. Joe

Joe Registered Member

I have just run a scan with Pest Patrol and when I checked Spyware Blaster the SearchForIt Toolbar had been removed again, so it looks like PP is the offender here again.

Many thanks for the help.

6. bob3857

bob3857 Registered Member

Hi, People. bob3857, here.
    Was reading your conversation about a few items that don't want to stay "checked" in Spyware Blaster's library of "Rats". I only use that teamed up with SpyBot v3.2, and just since my last update of "rats" for the Blaster it now has this "SearchForIt" hijacker in it's IE library that keeps comin' "unchecked" everytime I run SpyBot. SpyBot finds it, I let it "Fix" it, then I notice it's unchecked again in the Blaster!!
    So, I took Pest Patrol's advice(I havn't used their program, but, they have a very informative site) about it probably being a "False Possitive" that SpyBot's finding, in SpyBot I just put a check mark in "SearchForIt" in the "Ignore List" and havn't had any trouble with Blaster, since! The two programs were goin' around in a constant circle!
    There was definitely no evidence any where else of that hijacker but in the registry and then it was under "Internet Explorer" which would be a referance made by Spyware Blaster.
    I've used these two programs for quite a while and this is the first time I've had any conflict between them. Anyway, I run SpyBot, now and NO problems.
    You have a good day, and let me know what you think.

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Your correct Bob....it's a False positive as noted in a few other threads on this subject.

Why was this disabled, etc.?

SearchForIt

Spybot Update 8/30/04 False Positive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.