True Image 8, and no keyboard support

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tipton, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tipton

Tipton Registered Member

I received a free upgrade to TI 8, but am sticking with TI 7 build 627 on my main PC for now. I did however install TI 8 on a Compaq system that I have, to run it through some tests. The Compaq is running XP home, service pack one. Its an AMD Athlon, with 256mb RAM. During my first image file creation, I used the rescue CD, and had no keyboard support. I noticed when the rescue CD was booting up, that there were four or five error messages about USB devices. The keyboard is connected via USB, and I could not use it at all during the image file creation. The mouse worked just fine, so I was able to continue with the image file creation using the default name for the file. Can anyone shed some light on why this would happen? Using TI 8 Build 764

Thanks
    Tipton

2. Peter K.

Peter K. Registered Member

Hello,

plug in your keybord in PS2 port.

Peter. ;)

3. Tipton

Tipton Registered Member

So that is the issue? I know thats how my keyboard is connected on my main system, and it works fine.

So why do USB connected keyboards not work with the TI rescue CD?

Tipton

4. Peter K.

Peter K. Registered Member

@Tipton.

I think no driver support In TI.

Peter.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tipton --

Indeed it sounds like the driver issue.

Please try to disable/enable USB legacy support in your BIOS and see if it changes anything.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

6. Meugen

Meugen Guest

Anton, have any tips on getting a PS/2 keyboard to work in TI? It fails when loading the linux kernel, before that it works with no problem.

The USB mouse works, so it's not a big problem really, I just can't use password protected images.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.