NOD32 major problem!!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by beatnik, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beatnik

beatnik Registered Member

Nod32 ****ed up after i used a Nod32 "patch" that some idiot dude posted in warez 2 monts ago!

When i installed nod32 after reboot system pauses! this happened after installing the nod32 patch!

was it a virus? well nod 32 warned me that it is but i acting stupid turned of nod32 and replaced he original exe with the pacthed one.

Next thin i know after rebboot everything pauses.

Well i did knew then happened so i formated and re instalels nod32 with pactch!

Same thing again! System Pauses, even in safe mode!

Well then ir emoves nod and guss what system was functioning again normally.

What the ell was int his patch? Some kind of a virus that ****ed up nod32?

Because since then i am not able to run nod32 again even if i downlaod older or newser vesrio of theier original site! After i installe it with no damn patch system pause once and for good! when i remove it its all ok!

What can i do? I beleive this pacth left something in my system that ****s up every attempt of mine to install nod32 again!

But i want nod! its better quicker and lighter than kasperskey i sue now...

please help me out!

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Uninstall Nod32, reboot when asked, then go to C:\Program Files and remove the Eset folder

Now you will be able to reinstall a licensed version of Nod32

Don't try to use so called cracked versions in the future.

I think you have guts to ask for help in the Official Nod32 Forum when you have done what you have...

Cheers :D

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

beatnik,

If all you are using is a warez / cracked version of NOD32, then you won't be getting any help here.

However, if you have a real licensed version, and since you already know how to reformat, then just cleanly reformat again and install only your licensed version and it'll work fine. And the next time one of your pieces of software says you are installing an infected file - listen to it.

4. Blackspear

LOL, nicely said :D

5. beatnik

I bought Nod32 because its the best av soft out there. That and kasperksy!
    I just wanted to runt he patch so it could updates it self automatically. Bad Idea though...

Thsi is also what nod32 gives me:

In Safe mode when trying to load nod32 it open the control center and then give sme this error.

"Error scanning operating memory while loading nod32m1.vxd or during communication with testing service"

Is this any help to you?!!?

6. Blackspear

You will need to follow what I advised in post #2

Let us know how you go...

7. Blackspear

Nod32 ALREADY updates automatically, when you pay for a license that is...

You were trying to receive endless updates without having to pay for them.

While treading on thin ice, it is advised not to stamp your feet...

8. beatnik

Well yes actuall thats my sin! :(

here is other info...

I made a new user accoutn and installed nod32. nod32 after instalaltion want a reboot then when boot up winxp freezes entirely.

Even ctrl-alt-del wont pop up. Exacly the same behavious as before. I had to uninstall nod32 by using safe mode only!!!

Also after i did a search for nod32 in my xp i found NOD32.EXE-2D15F45E.pf at windows prefetch folder.
    What is this file anyway and why it didnt not deleted after i unistalled NOD32?!?!?'

Please DO help!

9. Blackspear

I would remove that file and then use a registry cleaner to remove all remnants of Nod32/Eset.

Then try reinstalling Nod using you Admin Account.

See how you go and come back to us...

10. beatnik

i tried to clean manuall all entries in the registry abouit nod but the problem remained!
    Patch hidden it self somewhere in the rigistry bu using a different name which i dont think any registry cleaner would find it!!! Ater all its soem virus/trojan/worm somehting like it.....

Any ideas left?!?

11. beatnik

you did not answer mr about that....

In Safe mode when trying to load nod32 it open the control center and then give sme this error.

"Error scanning operating memory while loading nod32m1.vxd or during communication with testing service"

12. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Are you trying to open the scanner or the control center? You will get an error loading the control center in safe mode, the scanner itself should load fine. Also, I don't see a file named nod32m1.vxd on my system, I supposed that could be related to your problems.

Do as already suggested, start from a clean slate (since it sounds like you've already done this) but use a proper copy of NOD32 with a current username and password for updating. If you do not want to go by that route, you could try an on-line scanner or free AV to identify whatever infestation you have, remedy that, and go from there.

Either way, if you want to use NOD32, you need to start with a genuine and current version of the executable and dump this warez patch and all the little pieces connected to it.

Blue

13. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

I would appreciate if you could change the name of this tread in something else ...more like..... 'I F&*&-up badly, sorry 4 that'

"NOD32 major problem" is just putting NOD in a bad light... due to personal ***** (call it what you want, I don't want to be rude).

Itsme

14. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

It does point out the results from using warez in regard to NOD32 - as such there's no harm in the thread subject ;)

regards.

paul

15. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

16. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Just looking at titles hardly ever will influence making a decision in regard to buying any software - most probably no software would ever be bought ;)

regards.

paul

17. MCT

MCT Registered Member

.vxd is a virtual disk image (vmware workstation makes these, its a fake pc)

and i have 2 say.. man u got guts, after downloading anything from a warez site & asking for help , thats bad..

regards

18. Blackspear

Hopefully Beatnik has learnt a lesson here.

My experience with people is there are 2 kinds in this world, some that get hit and don't want it to happen again, work out what was the problem and seek a solution. Then there are others that seem to like being hit, and are continually dazed as to how or why it happened... doh, bashing my head against a brick wall hurts, why won’t the bricks move, why does my head hurt… lets do it again just to be sure... hmmmm still not sure... :rolleyes:

19. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

Wow the first time I'm speechless. :blink: :blink: :blink:

20. beatnik

Well i reformatted my hdd and reinstall ewverything. Now Nod32 Beta works ok.
    Ohh, iu also have the crack that caused everything. Do you want me to send it to you to ckeck it out?

Another problem is that Nod32 had detected a virus some place but it only gave me the option to Leave it. Quarantine and Deletion were greyd. Why couldnt it delete it?
    I wasnt sure of the name of the virus though.

21. Blackspear

The Virus or Trojan you mentioned has more than likely been loaded into memory, simply reboot your system into safe mode and re-run a scan, you will find that the options greyed out are now available.

I would also suggest taking a look at the following threads in regards to security and see if you can tighten up yours... just a suggestion ;)

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/show...84&page=1&pp=25

and here for more:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=43117

In regards to the file you have, maybe zip it up and send it to support@eset.com with a link to the site you downloaded it from, as well as a link to this thread. I'm not sure what can be done, however at least you are giving Eset a choice in the matter...

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go after a re-scan...

22. jg88swe

jg88swe Registered Member

PATCH.EXE

Made by the CORE. team
    IS NOT A VIRUS

Just want to say that ;)

23. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

This one is.

patch - patch.exe - Process Information

Process File: patch or patch.exe
    Process Name: Patch
    Description: Added to the system as a result of the NETBUS virus. The program is a remote administration hack tool that can be used to control other computers, with Netbus Server installed, through the Internet or the network. The hacker must have the Netbus Client installed. PATCH.EXE is the server part of the program.
    Company: N/A
    System Process: No
    Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): Yes
    Common Errors: N/A

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/patch/

24. LuckMan212

LuckMan212 Registered Member

IMHO this entire thread should be deleted... unless I'm missing something, this guy barely speaks English, installs some cracked NOD version, it doesn't work right, and then he comes in here repeatedly demanding support even after being told exactly how to remedy the situation??

This is too funny... boot this guy and stop wasting everyone's time. Go ask the people who wrote the crack why it isn't working. Sheesh.... o_O

25. beatnik

LuckMan212 YES you are missing something. Stop whining.

jg88swe thats the file man. Yes by Core. The file IS A VIRUS. When Nod32 Virus scanes it it detects it as an unknown Win32 virus. If you do the mistake and install it then Nod32 wont be able to functiona again, no matter how many times you uninstall or reinstall it. Only format saves your ass , like i did with mine.

Blackspear why dy i have to reboot in safe mode to delete the damn virus? If Nod32 understands it, which it does, then why isn able to delete it? I done care how it will do it, it ought to kill the memory active virus process and then get rid of or disinfect the damn file. Thats what a good AV must done. I wonder why they call it the best around.

Nod32 unfortunatelyt it doesnt. Avast does. Avast also has the Boot-time scan feature available which Nod32 doesnt. I think Avast is better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.