Beta - Lsass.exe is back

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by Blackspear, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Only happened with the NOD32 beta installed on SP2. Uninstalled and it went away, never saw it again.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Have you tried reinstalling the Beta again?

Cheers :D

3. tazdevl

Yup, after fresh XP SP2 install. Same errors. Uninstalled, they went away. I'll give 2.12 a try when its released, hopefully that will take care of the problemo.

4. Blackspear

This new Beta is far better than most, though the Lsass.exe error is still here, but this is the 1st one in 36hrs, it happen while downloading a 12Mb file, about 1/2 way through I decided to open My Documents, up popped the Lsass.exe Application Error window, clicked cancel and then had 60sec to abort shutdown. I have noticed this sort of combination before, it can be saving a JPEG and while waiting for the 'Save As" dialogue box to appear I have tried to check Outlook Express, it seems to appear mainly in this sort of multi-combination situation.

The errors in the previous Beta downloaded 13th Aug just appeared randomly and constantly without any cause, such as upon boot up after windows had finished loading, it would completely lock the system, and only a hard power off was available.

Attached Files:

5. Blackspear

Is there ANY PROGRESS at all in fixing the LSASS.EXE error? ? ? ? ?

Eset have remained VERY SILENT in regards to this issue, there is NO public comment whatsoever relating to this problem, there are numerous people that have posted in various threads, and yet THE SILENCE from ESET is DEAFENING.

When will we have some open discussion regarding this irritating error? as in Eset are actually working on the problem.

The error has started occurring consistently now on my system with the latest Beta 2.12 downloaded 20th Aug. From what I have noticed, it occurs when multiple tasks are present, as in upon windows boot up after the desktop has loaded (multiple programs loading at start up). When a multiple task is actioned, as in downloading a file and at the same time opening another application or more…

This error has gone on for months on end, and yet we still have absolutely nothing from Eset...

6. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Blackspear,

I think you are so lucky..... :D
    You know that after installed the beta, my problem has gone.Maybe Eset only sends you a Blackspear Special Edition :D :D :D .
    Just kidding.
    I think Eset could have a page for us (from forum) to check what is have been done (like a changelog), and what should be done.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

7. tazdevl

BS, I haven't gotten a lsass error but have seen a few application errors in addition to the whole no windows save dialog bug I seem to be experiencing. I think I'm going to start a new club. :D

If I remember correctly, my problems also out of a multitasking situation as well. So maybe you're onto something.

My guess is that the gang @ Eset is coding away frantically. Things seem to be working inconsistently consistent, my bet is that they're digging away trying to figure out how to solve the issues we all have come across.

8. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hey TAZ
    I hope you are right as these types of errors do not look good.
    Cheers :)
    "In order to be walked on, you have to be lying down."

9. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Folks - anyway knows anything about the new 2.12 version, or would be willing to send it to me ??

Ruben

10. Blackspear

LOL, nasty piece of work ;) :D

That would be nice, to actually have a running conversation, acknowledgement of the problem anf that it is being worked on, would be good…

This is the only consistent thing with the error, multitasking, seems as though too much activity and there is confusion as to who is actually chief…

It would be nice to know if this is the case, that they just haven’t placed it in the too hard basket, as it only concerns a minority…

The new Beta 2.12 has only been given out to a few selected people having specific problems… It will be release shortly, according to Marcos from Eset…

Hope this helps…

11. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

I hope so, because I´ve never saw the term shortly, meaning too long. :D

Best Regards,

DonKid.

12. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Hi Blackspear.

Just to keep you informed, that I have installed the new version today(2.12.1) and until now, so far so good.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

13. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Blackspear,

It is my fervent hope that we never have to see lsass is back again! :D

14. Blackspear

ROFLMAO, well unfortunately one of the developers almost choked on his soup when he found out I and others were still having the problem and with the latest Beta, poor guy, thought they were going to have to hospitalise him...

They have a copy of my Dr Watson and Error Dump logs now, and I hear a whole truck load of valium has been ordered...

Will keep posting when things develop...

15. Blackspear

Just installed the new 2.12.1 and now I'm getting svchost errors galore, every time the machine is started, as well as trying to start various applications.

Privx picked it up as:

Prevx prevented process TLNTSVR.EXE causing a bufferoverflow alert

The following information have been obtained:
    Process: TLNTSVR.EXE
    Path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TLNTSVR.EXE
    Pid: 1872
    Parentprocess: SERVICES.EXE
    Parentpath: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SERVICES.EXE
    Pid: 792

and

Prevx prevented process ALG.EXE causing a bufferoverflow alert

The following information have been obtained:
    Process: ALG.EXE
    Path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ALG.EXE
    Pid: 3100
    Parentprocess: SERVICES.EXE
    Parentpath: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SERVICES.EXE
    Pid: 792

Attached Files:

16. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Blackspear,

Have you considered trimming so of the other programs you use for protection to see if they might be causing the conflicts.

Just thought I would ask. :cool:

17. Blackspear

I have the EXACT same software set up on a PC sitting next to me, and it runs beautifully :D I set this 2nd system up for this purpose :D

Eset are working on it, so I've been told ;)

I have just sent the above full logs to them.

Thanks for the suggestion Ron.

18. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

Are the two PCs the exact same hardware configuation?

19. Blackspear

Not quite, both Gigabyte Intel Chipset Motherboards, different models. Both 512MB Kingmax RAM. Mine P4 HT 2.8GHz, other Celeron 2.0GHz. Mine 2 x 200GB Seagate's, other 30GB Maxtor. Both XP Pro.

It may come down to a multi-task problem, this is the only consistant thing that I can find with it.

I'm waiting to see what the developers say, :D

20. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

Is it the P4 HT that is having the problems? If so and you disable the HT does that resolve the issues?

21. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Blackspear,

is there any reason you suspect NOD32 is the culprit? On my home machine, I completely uninstalled NOD32 and still getting this error upon closing a memory consuming application. I'm yet to try disabling HT to see if it goes away then...

22. Blackspear

I bet if you make a fresh install of windows and don't install Nod32 you will find there is no error to be seen...

Being that the problem appeared on a FRESH install of Windows XP Pro straight after installing Nod32, that the error appears and disappears according to which version of the Beta I have installed, that installing the new release caused errors galore upon boot-up and the desktop loading, that these errors are now EVERY single time I reboot the machine after installing the new release, this ALL points to Nod32, wouldn't you say...

That Taz also had a FRESH install of Windows, then installs Nod32 and same format errors, this is a Nod32 issue...

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  23. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Well, it´s strange...Here everything is running fine.I have an AMD Barton 2500+.
    Maybe Blackspear can give some numbers to me.
    I think I´ll bet the numbers in a lottery game.
    :D
    Have you tried to install just windows XP, them after that NOD32, and the others aplications ? I can´t tell if it´s a SP2 problem, because it isn´t available here yet.

Keep us informed.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

24. tazdevl

What he said. :D

25. Blackspear

I have just had the following reply to the logs (mentioned above) sent to Eset:

"Thanks for sending us the logs. It appears that IMON is causing the problem but it doesn't seem like a regular pattern. Did this occur only after you installed 2.12.0 or did it happen while running 2.000.11b also?

XXXXXXX.

Eset Software Technical Support

So it seems as though we are finally heading down the right path with at least acknowledgement that IMON is the culprit...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.