pcIP versus PG

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by spiff5000, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiff5000

spiff5000 Registered Member

Can anyone verify if an independently approved app list makes a difference over the granular control in PG?

2. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

I haven't tried the program you're referring to so i can't comment on that, but just in regards to an "independently approved app list", with so many new and updated programs how does it keep track of what's an 'approved' application? If it's just from filename alone then I can tell you without looking at it that it's insecure - what's stopping a trojan from terminating a known security application and copying itself over to that? If it requires hashes of known applications, how would they be able to keep up with all the new and updated programs? (The website indicates that the program has to connect out to the Internet to obtain such a list?). And what's stopping a trojan from simply terminating the program you're talking about and rendering its protection null and void?

Maybe others will be able to comment more than I can

Best regards,
    Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.