TDS 3 Hanging on XP System

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Red Dawn, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

I recently purchased a copy of TDS3, and installed the software/key on my XP laptop. I updated the database, ran a scan, and then once done, I choose to quit the program, it stated "unloading", but just hung on that. After about 5 minutes, I looked in Task Manager and noticed it showed TDS as Not Responding. It's done this now on each instance that I use the software, I can't quit the program without it hanging on me. Is there a reason why? Possible fix? Thank you.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there Red Dawn, welcome to the forum!
    i'm not really familliar with that problem; did you chjeck all the required system files being up to date (suppose so, but can never harm to check extra) http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=files
    What is there further running in general?

3. kwesi

kwesi Registered Member

If all else fails, perhaps you could try re-installing the program (after saving the keyfile, in a different folder)? Good luck, Red Dawn.

(I also run XP, but I haven't had this particular problem).

Last edited: Jun 28, 2004
  4. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

Thanks for the welcome and for the suggestions. After some trouble-shooting, I found out that the issue is with a program I run in the background, SIMP PRO, IM Encryption Software by www.secway.com. I edited the ini file for that program to run on a new socket, and now all is working great. Thanks again, and TDS is a great program.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

We do know TDS is great, glad to see it is working great as well on your system, including closing it down now!
    Thanks for finding and posting the solution, might be handy ever just in case!
    Wish you lots of luck and fun with TDS and keep it clean!

6. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

no the program is just heavy its built like a tank and rools like one

if your xp system has less then 256 or crapy processor or you have the new 80 gig hard drive and up it looks like it hangs but actuality its just slow as hell

come back in 15 minutes youll see it will move algain

this also happends when a running process you had tds check is in use so it sits there for awhile

problem with tds is its a system resource hog but it will find anything evill on your pc if its there

plus if your online and useing it expect hangs long ones

best time to use tds is where you are not doing anything on your pc and you turn off the screen saver and most of that stuff on your task bar by your xp clock

and then use tds to loook threw your system

you will see a speed increase

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.