agentsvr.exe

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Feivel, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

I am running the trial of TDS-3 and Process Guard Free (seems DiamondCS is gonna get about 125 dollars from me soon). Today I ran TDS-3 for the first time with Process Guard and I noticed an activity I must question. As TDS-3 opened, it called agentsvr.exe - embedding. Can someone please tell me what happened. Also can anyone let me know (since there is no demo of execution protection) is there any noticable delay when opening programs with TDS-3 open and execution protection enabled?

Thanks

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi again!
    We've explained a little bit about the agentsvr.exe in this thread
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=160707&highlight=agentsvr.exe#post160707
    Part of the msagent and speech technology which works together with TDS.
    Get the scriptspack from the TDS download site and unzip it so you'll have a pathname \..\TDS-3\Scripts
    Now look in the folder Usersubmitted\Jooske\InnerPeace.SS3
    This is a little nice demo.
    To be able to run it however, you need to be fully msagent ready.
    As you have already the agentsvr.exe part, you have the main part. But do your speech engines work? Does TDS talk to you when you start it with a friendly greeting or if you type in the console something like
    speak "Hello!"
    do you hear it?
    If anything is missing, get all TTS engines, voice recognition and the SAPI4 runtimes at www.microsoft.com/msagent
    Oh and on your XP cd-rom are several msagent characters, if you didn't install those already in your windows\msagent\chars folder (default there is best place)
    For the little ss3 script i just mentioned, you must have the msagent character Genie in that folder.
    On the MS site i just mentioned you can do some tryout-agent pages and the sample pages to see if all is installed correctly and if not there is indicated what's missing.

In TDS > SS3 > Load Script > hunt for that InnerPeace script, click to load it and hoping it is running correctly for you.
    If anything is missing please tell me how far you get and where it might go wrong so we can help you correct possible errors.
    Enjoy the little script :)

Exec Protection is hardly noticable, fraction of seconds delay at starting a program, afterwards you don't notice at all.
    My system is slow already by nature so i don't notrice any difference at all, even when i uninstall and install the exec protection a few times. People with fast computers might notice it a very little bit but one gets used to it in most cases.

3. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

Thank you Jooske. I didn't realize that TDS-3 spoke. I'll download your script after I install that genie character :)

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Keep us informed how far you come with the speech --did it work in the meantime? In the TDS configuration enable friendly greetings and you'll hear TDS asking bits from your lunch and some recommendations.

Scripting with the msagent for TDS is fun and not really difficult to start some scripting experience. The TDS evaluation version is limited to scripts of max. 5 kb, so you can try the InnerPeace and equal small scripts, but in the registration version you can run them as large as you want, like the largest at the moment Screx which is in that same scripts zipfile from that downloadpage.

If you're on XP, installed the SAPI4 runtimes (or spchapi.exe in the TDS directory after downloading and installing the speechpack from the TDS download site) XP users should go into the control panel, speech panel, and disable the SAPI5 which ships standard with XP and enable the SAPI4 which is the speech engine on which the msagents work and TDS.
    If you do then the little test with typing in TDS speak "Hello!" you should hear TDS speaking it.
    If so, you should be able to run that little script too , and there are a few more in the scripts pack you will be able to try, like the Hello World in the examples. etc etc.
    And once you registered, we have a few more for you for download :)

There are scripts with Genie singing a birthdaysong, there are timers, jukebox, did not see a script having Genie singing your birthdaysong at the correct time. BTW: there are very serious and practicle scripts too, but people don't always submit them :)

5. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

Speech is working fine now. When I ran your script I almost fell outta my chair :)

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Oops! Should i have included a warning disclaimer or such a thing? :eek:
    From hunger, surprise, disgust?
    Scripting with TDS -- security made sooo much fun! :cool:
    Once you have the registered version make sure to grab the CokeMachine script too --was my first and my biggest.
    More people posted very good and handy stuff in the private forum!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.