Lazesoft recovery suite home edition free 3.4 released

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Jim1cor13, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Hi all :)

Thought I would post this latest release of Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home edition 3.4 The home edition is free, they also have Professional Edition, Server Edition, and Unlimited Edition.

I have used the earlier version of the free home edition 3.3 I found this to be extremely useful and also had a very reliable disk image and clone module. Boot up from CD or USB disc. I had received an email from the company and was told the latest version has a much faster disk/partition image engine along with many features. Quite a list for a free recovery suite.

Here are the details for the free home edition:

http://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-recovery-suite-free.html

With a series of easy-to-use utilities on Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Edition Recovery CD, you can recover your data even if file deleted, partition formatted, you can repair your Windows even if Windows crashed, you can reset your windows login password even if you forgot it.

1. Main Components of Lazesoft Recovery Suite
    2. Lazesoft Windows Recovery - Data Recovery
    3. Lazesoft Data Recovery - Windows System Recovery
    4. Lazesoft Recover My Password - Windows Password Recovery
    5. Lazesoft Disk Image & Clone - Disk Backup, Clone and Partition Manager

Features:

1. Full access to non-bootable PC, Lazesoft Recovery Suite Live CD, giving you access to your computer even if Windows can’t or Windows is completely broken.
    2. Boot from various brands of desktops, laptops like Dell, ThinkPad, Hp, Sony, Toshiba, Acer, Samsung, etc.
    3. With WinPE-based and linux-base bootable disk builder, Lazesoft Recovery Suite has best hardware compatibility.
    4. Boot up computer from CD or usb disk.
    5. Support any types of hard disks like SATA, IDE and SSD.
    6. User friendly Boot Media Builder interface.
    7. Support WinPE USB boot disk.
    8. Fast, easily, natively create PE Recovery Disk on 64 bit of Windows Vista, 7, 8.
    9. Support building bootable DVD
    10. Added options to special WinPE version and type while building boot disk
    11. Added options to special custom drivers while building boot disk
    12. Instantly repair PC when Windows can't start normally
    13. recover Windows from critical system errors when BSOD or it displayed a black screen.
    14. Recover MBR and partition information
    15. Recover missing or corrupted Windows system files such as 'ntldr is missing', 'bootmgr is missing', etc.
    16. Recovery or edit corrupted registry, virus-infected registry key value.
    17. Edit and Repair Windows boot file boot.ini or BCD
    18. Rescue Windows XP Vista and Windows 7 32 and 64 bit.
    19. Rescue Windows Server 2003/2008, SBS 2003/2008/2011, 32 and 64 bit.
    20. Recover partition after accidental deletion or partition table damage.
    21. Easily recover data from non-working computer or disk
    22. Access and copy files from computer even if Windows can't start.
    23. Recover deleted files even if emptied from the Recycle Bin
    24. Rescue files after a hard disk crash
    25. Rescue files after accidental format, even if you have reinstalled Windows.
    26. Rescue files after a partitioning error
    27. Rescue files after RAW partition or RAW hard drives
    28. Recover files including documents, photos, video music and email etc.
    29. Quickly reset Windows Local and Domain Account admin passwords
    30. Reset Windows password even if forgot or lost it.
    31. Clear Windows Local Password
    32. Reset Windows Domain Password
    33. Unlocks and Enables user accounts.
    34. Find Windows key when you want to reinstall it
    35. 100% recovery rate.
    36. Clone & Backup Partition or Disk
    37. Create Backup Disk or Partition Compression Image.
    38. Create Raw Disk or partition Image (sector by sector copy).
    39. Clone entire Windows or Data hard drive or partitions to an internal or external disk.
    40. Transfer disk or partitions from an old hard disk drive to a new one.
    41. Partitions can be copy either with original sizes and locations, or Resizes transferred partitions to match new hard disk size.
    42. Clone with fast mode and complete mode.
    43. There are two methods can be used when cloning, Only copy used blocks or sector by sector copy.
    44. Create, format, delete, Wipe partition and disks
    45. Bootable rescue CD or USB disk.
    46. Format FAT, NTFS Partition.
    47. Create, Delete partitions of any type.
    48. Supports large disks: up to 2TB volumes on MBR.
    49. Wipe Partitions or disk for data security reason.
    50. Hide/unhide partition.
    51. Set active partition.

I hope this is useful for someone. A very nice suite to add to anyone's
    recovery tool kit. :)

Enjoy!

Jim

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  2. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Does anyone have any experience with this product?

3. legacy

legacy Registered Member

Hi,

I have used the product a few times to clone hard drives and when the blue screen of death and boot failures happen. I like it very much because when you repair the registry, you can undo the changes which is great. It works every time for me.

Before this i used to use a 2 programs which are very similar in features, Spotmau, which was later purchased by Wondershare and renamed Liveboot 2012.

I replaced these with Lazesoft products but keep them on the back burner. They are defo one of the best out there and very stable in my opinion.

:)

4. Jim1cor13

Hi TheKid7 :)

Yes, I have used version 3.3 several times to image my drive, to backup MBR and Partition tables, and it never failed on image restores at least for me.

The latest version 3.4 is very nice. Nice improvements and a better layout to navigate through. Also, if I recall correctly, in version 3.3 you could not run the drive image module within windows, but that has changed in version 3.4. the windows installation when you run it after install, if there is a module that can only run from the boot disc, it will notify you. Once installed from the executable, click to make winpe or linux boot media.

I chose Winpe and it created it within minutes, including downloading via Microsoft the needed boot.wim file once you choose the type of Winpe you want, either win7 32 or 64 bit, or windows 8.

I just saved it as an ISO and run it from a USB flash drive using easyBCD to set it up. You can also have it create a USB boot within the media creation or burn it to CD/DVD, it is very flexible.

I booted into it today to see what the new version offered. It looks great and from passed experience, it does what it claims with a lot of very useful features as noted in my post. I really like the layout in the latest version and in my opinion, for a free recovery utility, it is hard to beat the features.

They really appear to have listened closely to suggestions over the last 8 months or so and implemented a faster drive imaging engine, and a much easier to navigate layout. Well done for Lazesoft.

I have communicated with them before, they are very responsive to email and good support. Nice to deal with from my experience. :)

I think the latest version 3.4 is their best offering yet, in my opinion. It is a bundle of tools in one program and it works well.

EDIT: I tried the drive image module. Remarkable improvement as they claimed with the speed of backup. 7GB of data imaged within 3 minutes, as compared to version 3.3 of approx. 10 - 12 minutes as I recall. Well done on their part. Faster for me than Macrium, which takes about 6 minutes, getting close to IFL which for me is the fastest with 7GB taking approx. 2.5 minutes and RealCopy disk image taking approx. 4 minutes on same data. Lazesoft also accomplished this and still has excellent compression although compression is not adjustable. Finished Lazesoft image size ended up at 3.4GB. RealCopy ends up with 4.3GB, IFL about 3.6GB at standard max setting. overall, they certainly improved in many ways and impressive for a free recovery tool.

Jim

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  5. alan_b

alan_b Registered Member

Lazersoft is the only free product that perfectly recovered a 6 GB file.
    None of the many other free products had success - most could not even see that it ever existed.
    One $69 professional product also recovered the file but it was totally useless because the file included internal hash checkums that were invalid,
    probably because the original file had been created on very second hand and heavily fragmented free space.
    I estimate that the 6 GB file was in 200 fragments and whilst both Lazersoft and the other product both collected each and every fragment,
    only Lazersoft had the skill to join the pieces in the correct order.

The only inconvenience with version 3.3 was that although it detected the original date/time stamps of the file,
    it allowed Windows defaults of the current time stamps to be placed on what it recovered.
    I am very happy that version 3.4 now forces the original time stamps on the recovered files.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  6. Jim1cor13

Hi alan :)

Thank you for your comments, appreciate you taking the time to comment. So glad to hear it proved useful, and sure sounds impressive on the data recovery. Version 3.4 they certainly made some very nice improvements in the overall product.

Indeed, for free, it is hard to beat with what it offers.

have a good weekend :)

Jim

7. Adric

Adric Registered Member

As mentioned above, nice tool for a multiboot recovery USB drive. Install the app, create iso, add iso to the flash drive, done.

Al

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  8. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi All

Can u do incremental or differential backups?

Thanks

Terry

9. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Looks like a nice software :) Does it support GPT Drives and windows 8 secure boot?

10. Tyreman

Tyreman Registered Member

On one computer here I was able to boot with their cd to do, create an image
    then looked at drives sizes didn't resemble near what I had on that machine

On the 2nd computer got stop error after selecting the boot dvd rom F11 and it did identify the boot media by name
    Tried other dvds media same issue, even other made media from other computer would boot on but would not this one went into stop error

Thou never tried usb stick

Always wants the boot cd just to do an image but that is prolly normal
    Running A backupper on one machine with A backupper and time machine on 2nd 'puter

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  11. Tyreman

Re installed the app again

Then made the bootable media with another new blank CD.

Tested it by booting from it and got in and made image successfully

But it only shows my ssd drives and not my wd platter drive 596GB..odd

My 2nd ssd has lots of room anyway for an image

Also does one tick the both c drives options for the windows small files plus the main drive files? or just leave the small mb file unticked

12. alan_b

alan_b Registered Member

Why should it - its primary purpose is in the name - "Recovery"
    It is for when disaster has struck and you have no adequate backups,
    and then an image allows you to undo any extra damage that you might cause with failed attempts at recovery.

It is of course possible that incremental and differential might come in future releases.

13. alan_b

alan_b Registered Member

It did perfect recovery on my 600 GB WDC HDD,
    recovering all the 400+ GB files that had been in GPT partitions before Windows went berserk and declared the drive to be MBR style and full of RAW date.

I have no experience of Secure Boot,
    but have read complaints that even a Linux Boot CD is not allowed to boot on a computer that has been captured by Windows 8 Secure Boot.

But I am surprised by Lazersoft capability and this could be yet another pleasant surprise.

14. alan_b

alan_b Registered Member

Look again.
    It only shows me "1. Disk 640 GBWDC etc etc."
    but there is a down arrow to the right and when I click on that I can select any one of my three drives numbers 1 through to 3,
    and my SSD is at the end of the list because Windows is stupid and unreliable in the enumeration of SATA drives.
    I think you too should be able to select each of your drives for imaging (one at a time - not simultaneously).

I VERY STRONGLY RECOMMEND that if Windows has lost any files or partitions then you should tick the bottom option for
    "Sector-by-Sector Copy ..."
    That should capture all the files which Windows can no longer see.
    "System Reserved" (typically 100 MB) is essential for booting Windows 7.
    You may be lucky and not need it, but if you do need it and don't have it you will suffer some grief.

15. Tyreman

Thank you Sir!!

16. Jim1cor13

Hi Alan :)

So glad to hear you have found this useful, and also thank you for your help and comments. Your data recovery experience is quite amazing considering the amount of data that needed recovered. Impressive for a free recovery tool. :)

Jim

17. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Thanks for the inputs :)

18. alan_b

alan_b Registered Member

This is now significantly enhanced and released as version 3.4.2

Please note that the Data Recovery Module has two different modes :-
    File Recovery ; and
    Partition Recovery.

BOTH ARE SAFE TO USE - Neither will write to the Disc that you are recovering from.
    Unlike other "Partition Recovery" utilities, this does not write ANYTHING to the disc - not even a new partition table.

Partition Recovery has the special ability that it can recover files from an entire HDD - there is no need to select a partition.
    This helped me when Windows destroyed many GPT partitions and all it left me with were two MBR partitions of little value,
    and my important files were in a large change of Unallocated Space that had been my main GPT backup archive.

Regards
    Alan

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  19. TheCatMan

TheCatMan Registered Member

thx for the info was looking for a true image home replacement, this may just be the ticket :)

20. Tyreman

Just loaded this New Version 3.4.2 on one computer to test run it.
    works well.
    Made boot disc with a CD and DVD either works fine.

21. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

version 3.5.1 is out.
    This program appears to be a combination of acronis true image + R-Studio data recovery, therefore very useful.
    anyone please comment on the reliability of this program?

22. oliverjia

Hi Jim,

I just tried out the imaging module but it does not seem to have any compression at all. My C drive has 35.6GB on disk and the image file is 35.4GB. I could not find any option to enable/change compression level. Is there any trick?

23. alan_b

alan_b Registered Member

You are setting the bar at a very low level when Acronis is your reference point :D

I have little time to waste imaging C:\ at the moment, but I will try H:\

Windows Explorer reports drive H:\ as
    Used Space 761 MB
    Free Space 3.25 GB
    Capacity 3.99 GB

Running under 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate and launching Lazesoft version 3.5.1 I click through the menus :-
    Disk Image & Clone
    Drive Image
    Drive to Image
    Select Source Drive
    2 Disk 1.000 TB

I select Partition H: and leave UN-checked the option "Sector-by-Sector Copy: All sectors ..."
    The size is
    463 MB (485,882,675 bytes)
    Compression 60.8%
    and only took 7 Seconds to create

This compares well with Macrium at
    452 MB (474,612,787 bytes)
    Compression 59.4%
    which took all of 32 Seconds to create.

I suggest that you make a new Lazesoft backup of only the "Used Space",
    ensuring that deleted files within "Free Space" are NOT included by UN-checking the option "Sector-by-Sector Copy: All sectors ..."
    and also make a new Acronis backup
    and then report both the size and the time taken for both Lazesoft and Acronis

Regards
    Alan

24. oliverjia

Thanks Alan. I followed the same imaging procedure as you did. The only difference is that I used the ultimate version of v3.4.2.

25. alan_b

alan_b Registered Member

Version 3.5.1 has greatly enhanced data recovery capabilities.

I think version 3.4.2 had much better compression than Macrium when imaging all sectors (forensic copy) where most of the "Free Space" was actually empty and very easy to compress,
    but Macrium may have been somewhat better when imaging the real files in "Used Space"

Regards
    Alan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.