IObit Driver Booster Beta 1.0

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by PaulBB, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Personally I don't like IObit products at all but this one comes handy:

IObit Driver Booster Beta 1.0
    Driver Booster is a brand new driver updating tool. It protects your PC from hardware failures, conflicts, and resolves system crash problems caused by outdated drivers. All old drivers can be detected by simply clicking on the “Scan” button, and then you just need to click “Update All” button to refresh these outdated drivers. Compared with other driver updating tools, IObit Driver Booster can improve your PC performance for gaming as well.

Features:
    - Automatic Detection of Outdated Drivers
    - Automatic Download of Latest Drivers
    - Specialized Driver Tweaking for Top Gaming Performance
    - Simple and Easy to Understand Interface

-http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/iobit_driver_booster.html

2. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Only update drivers when there is an issue.
    Plus this is a beta product.

I will pass.

3. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Updating old drivers may do more harm than good. Update a driver only if there is a performance or reliability issue. Otherwise, leave it well enough alone - as in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" ;)

4. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

This doesn't seem easy to understand, and you must have expected at least one or two to say it, but for obvious reasons, long-discussed (and analysed) previously....I simply wouldn't let anything associated with this company, and their various 'products' anywhere near my (or anyone I know) computers. I think they must have gone into the wrong business. Drivers?
    I have occasionally used Driver Max to look for drivers, and it seems fairly ok.

5. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Agreed.
    I always check with device manager and if something does need updating then i let windows handle it.

6. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I'll give this a try tonight since it's free.

Personally I like to keep all of my drivers updated, and also update the drivers on any computers I repair, and will be interested to see how it fares compared with established driver updating software such as the excellent Driver Genius.

I have used the driver updater module in IOBit's Advanced SystemCare and IOBit ToolBox before, and it did find valid driver updates - but didn't seem to have a very large database of drivers.

7. roger_m

I ran a scan with this and it did not find any actual driver updates. A disappointing result, considering I ran several other driver updaters and they all found multiple driver updates.

However it's not all bad. It did find application profiles for my Radeon display adapter.
    Driver Booster.png

This download increases graphics performance for certain games. Driver Booster even listed the 10 games the application profile supports.
    Driver Booster 2.png

8. guest

guest Guest

This could be words of wisdom here:thumb:

9. roger_m

Beta 3.0 is available now.

From my initial testing, it works quite well. The driver database still has room for improvement, but since it's free a product this is can be overlooked I guess. By default, driver updates are installed silently in the background, which means that you download and install all found driver updates with just a single mouse click, which is nice. Windows will pop up alerts for some drivers asking if you want to install the driver, but aside from that it just takes one click.

After the updates are installed you will be prompted to restart your computer if it is required. Driver Booster is smart enough to identify which driver updates don't require a reboot.

10. digmor crusher

digmor crusher Registered Member

Never update my drivers unless something is busted.

11. roger_m

Personally, I always keep my drivers updated. Not that its really necessary to do so unless you are having device problems.

On my Thinkpads, for the most part I just use the included system update software to update drivers, rather then using other 3rd party software to make sure I always have the most recent drivers.

12. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed Off Topic Posts. The topic is IObit Driver Booster Beta 1.0. Let's focus. Thank you.

13. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Another thinkpad user here. I do the same. I wonder if this iObit updater would pick something that lenovo system update wouldn't.

14. roger_m

Yes it will find at least some driver updates. The reason for this is that quite often there will be a newer version of a driver than the one Lenovo supplies. However unless you are having specific problem with a device not functioning properly, then in my opinion there's not much need to use driver update software like this, as Lenovo does an excellent job of providing driver updates (unlike pretty much all computer manufacturers), and you can be sure the driver supplied by Lenovo will be compatible with your computer. Sometimes driver update software find incompatible driver updates, which if they even do install at all, won't work - and you need to do a rollback to the previous driver version to get the device working again.

Also, I presume that Lenovo tests drivers to make sure they are working fine before making them available to download from their system update software.

15. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Thanks. I will stick with Lenovo system update. I never got a problem with them.

16. roger_m

Driver Booster is now out of beta.

There is a free version and and a paid pro version.
    I like Driver Booster because it installs all driver updates silently, whereas other driver update software is moving away from this, e.g. I ran Advanced Driver Updater today and I was surprised to see the original installer being using to install several updates. Also, you don't lose any functionality with the free version - you just just get a slower download speed.
    http://betanews.com/2013/09/09/iobi...s-lets-you-easily-update-your-system-drivers/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.