Emsisoft Anti-Malware users....

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JRCATES, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Thanks for your help and input regarding this, Fabian....and I have a question that is a little off-topic and may be something that you don't even know the answer to, if you don't use or are familiar with CCleaner.....

....that said, shouldn't Emsisoft Antimalware appear in the list of "Utilities" under "Applications" in CCleaner? I see Malwarebytes Anti-Malware....as well as Windows Defender, WinPatrol, etc., but there is no listing for EAM o_O

2. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

I haven't used CCleaner for some time. It comes to cleaning AVs? o_O Next must be carpets.

3. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

No opinion ?

4. JRCATES

LOL....not cleaning the AV's, just the "logs" and other data that they create and keep.

5. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

It does appear in the list for me.:doubt:

6. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

You will have to ask Piriform.

Most portable scanners will just load the drivers they need dynamically. So there shouldn't be a big difference.

7. JRCATES

Antarctica....did you install CCleaner AFTER you installed Emsisoft Antimalware?

I'm wondering if CCleaner has a hard time "picking up" software that is installed AFTER it is..... o_O

8. Antarctica

JRCATES, No after. I have CCleaner install since 4-5 years at least and I bought
    EAM in November 2012 only. Do you have the latest version of CCleaner?

9. JRCATES

Apparently they just released a new version...because I installed this one just about 2 days ago, and when I just now went to the web site to make sure it was the latest, there is a new version listed.

BUT....I always DL and install from the "other builds" list and select the "Slim, no toolbar" option...which is an option that they don't release until the newest version has been out for almost a week or so....and it's not listed.

I'll install the newest version and see it that will identify EAM. I may even do a clean uninstall and a fresh installation of CCleaner to see if that helps.

P.S. - CCleaner also identifies 7Zip....which WAS on the computer but has been uninstalled for a couple of days now. I've noticed that there's no particular rhyme or reason as to why CCleaner identies what is does at times :p

10. itman

itman Registered Member

If your running as a limited admin which is the default account WIN 7 created at the time you installed WIN 7, you won't have any issues. I have run EAM like this without issue.

If your created an additional standard user account, then the service might not start. Just logon to your limited admin account when you want to run a scan.

11. Noob

Noob Registered Member

EAM licenses are dirt cheap if you look around. Thats one of the reasons i have been running it for a couple years and will keep running it until it gets too expensive for me. :D
    Nothing beats EAM + OA.

12. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

Noob, I love EAM, but I've never been able to get OA to work on either of my computers. It just seems to bog everything down -- boot time, browsing, etc. It seems like a great firewall, but I just can't handle the slowdown. Both of my computers are still Vista -- one 32 bit, the other 64. Is there possibly something I wasn't doing right in setting it up?

13. Antarctica

I had the exact same problems when I tried OA with EAM, my computer was sluggish. Right now I am using Look'n'Stop with EAM and everything is smooth.:)

14. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

good choice:thumb:

15. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

Good choice. I'm actually currently running EAM with the full CIS 6.0 suite. Probably overkill, but they seem to be working together smoothly -- very little/if any noticeable slowdown.

16. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I used to have some serious slowdowns also . . . like a year ago. But since they released the new versions everything is smooth again. :D

They only real slowdown that i noticed is that the computer takes a couple seconds more to boot (Probably 5 - 10 secs). It boots right to the desktop as fast as before but i cannot use it immediately before EAM + OA launches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.