Agnitum website (?)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by JRCATES, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Is anyone else having trouble accessing Agnitum's website?

I've been trying to go there for quite some time now to check on some things regarding Outpost Firewall Pro (a few times over the past few weeks), and it's been so slow that it will time out, and after trying once or twice I simply give up. Tonight, however, I was more determined to go there and both my Firefox AND Internet Explorer browsers timed out numerous times each and couldn't load the page.

Are they having some big time server problems or something o_O

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. JRCATES

OK, if it is working for others but NOT for me.....then what could be the problem? And what can be done to fix it?

Here is the message I get:

I use Outpost Firewall Pro.....and I've disabled it's protection and tried accessing it while using Windows XP's Firewall.....and that didn't work.

I'm at a loss. What now o_O

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

JRCATES, perhaps this MozillaZine article: Error loading websites could help you identify the problem.

Other items to try:

Clear the Cache - Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content > Click Clear Now button

Remove Cookies from site - Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies > Click Show Cookies... button

5. JRCATES

Thanks for the attempt...I tried it, but none of that worked. And I can't open their site through either Firefox OR Internet Explorer.

Extremely odd....since I can open any and all "OTHER" web sites with no problem.

Hopefully someone who has experienced this before will see this and can offer a fix.....

6. JRCATES

As a bit of a follow up....

I still can't access Agnitum's web site, no matter what I've tried (clearing the cache, deleting cookies, running CCleaner, powering down the router, rebooting the computer, etc., etc.) And Agnitum's site is the only one I'm having this problem with.....through both Firefox and IE.

Well....I just tried accessing it again through IE, and got the same "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message I've gotten every other time I've tried accessing it. So I thought I'd search for a link, and try to access the "cache" for Agnitum. However, what I got when I tried to access the cached page was a bit of a surprise.

Attached Files:

7. Rules

Rules Registered Member

Right now From Europe Based, i've no problem for agnitum.com access or localized like de, fr, ......

Very strange that's Mc Afee Site Advisor block 72.30.186.176, however for me Agnitum.com begin with 74
    http://www.agnitum.com/

rules.

8. fax

fax Registered Member

That IP is not from Agnitum but "Inktomi Corporation". So, you have a re-direct somewhere in your PC to this proxy service? Your ISP? Adware?

9. JRCATES

The interesting part is that I only received that McAfee Site Advisor warning once when trying to access the cached page through Internet Explorer. Through Firefox, though, the cached page takes forever to load, but this is what it says at the top:

A complete system scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and ESET NOD32 both come up clean.

Amazing that Outpost Firewall Pro is my firewall, and that this is happening with any page associated with Agnitum o_O

At this point I'm at a total loss as to what to do. o_O

10. Disney

Disney Registered Member

Have you checked Outpost to make sure you did not accidentally block the webpage ? Or any other apps you have ?

11. JRCATES

Well, it's not blocked on the server via the HOSTS file. As for being blocked through Outpost, I have not blocked any sites through Outpost previously and I'm not even sure that I would know HOW to block a particular site through Outpost. And unfortunately, any tutorial on how to check if a site has been blocked through Outpost is probably on Agnitum's site, which I can not access :p

EDIT: I just checked the IP Blocklist and Host List through Outpost, and Agnitum is not blocked through Outpost.

12. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hi JRCATES,
    Maybe you could try to disable Outpost completely and then check if you have access to Agnitum. At least this way you would know if your firewall is the culprit.:doubt:

13. JRCATES

I tried that, Antarctica. :doubt: I disabled Outpost and tried accessing it behind the Windows XP firewall, but that didn't work. I disabled ESET NOD32's web protection, but that didn't work. I cleaned everything with CCleaner, deleted all Agnitum cookies, unplugged the router and plugged it back in to see if that would make a difference, but it didn't.

IMPORTANT!

OK...just now...I used this site (http://www.adminsucks.com/) ....which is a web proxy that I got from this site: http://kritikweb.blogspot.com/2008/07/how-to-get-into-blocked-website-using_18.html...

and guess what? IT WORKS!

I am able to view the web site when I use the above Web Proxy.....but what does that mean? Why and how have I (apparently) been blocked from Agnitum.com, and what can I do to correct this? o_O

14. fax

fax Registered Member

You should try to use another PC with your line to check its not an ISP issue.
    Alternatively use another internet line with your PC to confirm or not it's your PC.

15. JRCATES

Thank you, fax.

Well....for anyone who cares....

apparently the problem may lie with my ISP (Insight Cable, which is owned by Time Warner Cable). I called and spoke with a rep who TRIED to access the Agnitum site from HIS end. He had the exact same problem on his end that I am having (in regards to the web page "timing out"). He said that Time-Warner is in the process of updating their servers, and that they may not have all of the DNS addresses up to date yet.

I should know something within the next 48 hours. But WOW....who woulda thunk that?!?!? :blink:

16. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

I would change providers. Time Warner Cable has a one star rating, check out this http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cable_tv/time_warner.html.
    Even iblocklist.com has a blacklist for them (http://www.iblocklist.com/list.php?list=roadrunner). Put Time Warner in their searchbox.

17. JRCATES

I hear ya. I'm not a fan of Time Warner myself. I didn't like them when I had them before when I lived in another state, but they literally just "bought out" the local cable company AFTER I had signed my agreement with that company last year...so it wasn't my choice to go with them.

As for the Agnitum web site being blocked, it's definitely on Time Warner's end. One of their reps was here to check the phone line on Friday and he plugged his laptop into the ethernet connection and got the exact same thing....so it's on their end and not my PC. The first rep said that the problem "SHOULD" be corrected by now...but it's not. I'll probably start looking at other options for cable or DSL ISP's this week....and if I find one offering a great deal that includes the bundle (phone, TV, internet) I may very well go that route and say so long to Time Warner.

18. Manny Carvalho

Manny Carvalho Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.