Problem updating Pest Patrol

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by 2ndsite, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ndsite

2ndsite Guest

I'm having trouble updating certain parts of Pest Patrol. I couldn't update PPUpdater had to manually update it to get the latest version and it's like a plain text version not the one that came with Pest Patrol originally. Also i had to manually update PPMemcheck because it would not update with the built in updater. All other parts seem to update ok. Anyone else having these kind of troubles with Pest Patrol?

note: To FanJ.
    I noticed your version (you posted it in Update Alerts on 5/31/04) of PPMemcheck is not updated to the latest version as well. Latest version of PPMemcheck is dated 5/25/04 yours is dated 4/19/03. You may have to manually download the new version and install it if your having the same problem.

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi 2ndsite,

Sorry, I just saw your thread now (thanks for letting me know in the other recent thread ;) ).

About PPUpdater:
    Yes, you have to manually download it from the PP-site; it cannot update itself. Then you have to put it in your PP-directory.
    From time to time I download it manually and see whether it has a new version-number; if so, then I copy it into my PP-directory.
    I just downloaded it again: no problem ! It is PPUpdater.exe
    So maybe there is something wrong on your system, I don't know...

Now about PPMemCheck.exe :
    I understand why you say that I don't have the latest version of it.
    But I do have the latest version and I'll prove it ;)
    The confusion is caused by the info that PP gives on the Info-tab for this file.
    It should give the date it was last modified, but it gives the date on which you downloaded it.
    Here comes the prove that I do have the last version:
    I downloaded it to another directory and then I compared its MD5 checksum (using CryptoSuite from DiamondCS) with the MD5 for the one in my PP-directory:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The file <D:\PestPatrol\PPMemCheck.exe> has the following Checksum(s)

MD5 - 8783DB0B018082051FB4BA3B9E0237CD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The file <C:\Program Files\PestPatrol\PPMemCheck.exe> has the following Checksum(s)

MD5 - 8783DB0B018082051FB4BA3B9E0237CD

So you see that both have the same MD5 checksum, so both files are the same ;)

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

LOL I now copied PPMemCheck.exe to my PP-directory.
    And see what happens: the Info-tab of PP gives now today's date for it :D

I'll try to give a screenshot

Attached Files:

4. 2ndsite

2ndsite Guest

Ok i understand now. I thought it was outdated. Just trying to help. I'm glad one of us knows what their doing.

As for PPUpdater. I can manually download it and put it into Pest Patrol. But it just isn't as neat looking as the original was. It's kinda plain looking, but it does work ok.

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi 2ndsite :D

I very much appreciate your help !
    And I definitely want to thank you for that !!!!!
    Please be assured that it is much appreciated !
    Of course there is always a change that I might miss something; LOL I'm only human ;)

So to you and everyone:
    Please let me know if I make a mistake or miss something.
    Your help is always appreciated !!!!!

Cheers, Jan.

6. 2ndsite

2ndsite Guest

Glad i could help FanJ. And i would be more than happy to help you out again sometime. But where i'm still a newbie that probably won't be happening too soon. But i'm always on the lookout for the chance. See you around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.