Windows Blue build 9364 leaked to the internet

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Wild Hunter, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

Read more:

Windows Blue build 9364 leaked to the internet

Windows Blue build 9364 shows smaller & larger Tiles, better multi-tasking and more

Windows Blue (build 9364) Start screen video shows new features

Windows Blue (build 9364) offers new Audio and Productivity apps

Windows Blue (build 9364) installation screenshots

IE11 to include tab syncing

From The Forums: Reactions to the Windows Blue build leak

Will Windows Blue come with a File Manager app?

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

I'm wondering if this wasn't a deliberate leak by Microsoft.

It wasn't the build that was leaked as you've put all your all eggs in NeoWin links :D

An exposé on the entire O/S was leaked. Generally, such huge leaks don't happen.

3. Wild Hunter

This time, I was expecting an early leak. Too much talk about Blue going on now and in the past months. :p

4. Wild Hunter

The build was leaked too. Look at what your TheVerge link says: "Build 9364, a partner version that was originally compiled on March 15th, has been made available on file sharing sites and includes some of the new changes that Microsoft is building into its significant Windows 8 update."

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Twitter was and is loaded with chatter on the Windows Blue hashtag, MS fully knows how much such leaks as these can cause prerelease hype.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Isn't all of this a little premature? Do we even know what "Windows Blue" IS yet? Will it be an upgrade for Windows 8 owners only? Or will it be a new stand-alone OS that anyone can install? Will it be based on a subscription model? Seems to me that nothing has really been confirmed at all yet....

7. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Based on the very early stuff I had read, it had gone from a rumored Windows 8 replacement to a "Okay, so you didn't like how we did 8..here are some tweaks" "service pack"-type thing that enhanced the Windows 8 experience. From the looks of these links...I don't know what the heck to think. Nothing seems changed that much and quite frankly it still looks like the same crap release I passed on in original form. My gut is that this is some sort of PR move to tide people over until Windows 9, which itself is just around the corner.

8. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yep, that is about how I see it too. Your gut speaks the truth... :)

9. Wild Hunter

The desktop tile is now bigger. This should please you guys. lol

10. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Wow! That makes me wanna rush right out and buy it! lol,.. ;)

11. guest

guest Guest

I looked at screenshots of windows blue and see the same crap (aka "modern GUI") :thumbd: I already dislike so VERY much in Win8. I am allergic against it. :gack: So that blue thing is only another step in the wrong direction if the goal should have been to prevent people like me from switching to linux after win7.

I do not and will never need and won't run an OS that is stupidly optimized for or even compatible to touch devices. Ruin your great desktop windows with lousy tiles and missing aero etc., Redmond. It's your dumb decision and I am your ex-customer then. Or get me for example in Win9 back a GUI that has NO (!) traces at all of that total touch nonsense. - I am not touching my screen. So I don't want that GUI. - I want the old way (of win7) back or you can go to hell, dear Microsoft. *puppy*

12. Wild Hunter

13. guest

guest Guest

WOW .. it rhymes :thumb:, but it sounds a bit bumpy? :D - Anyway, respect for your poetic talent, but unfortunately it's still no argument for me to use that stuff. :cool:

14. Wild Hunter

Just informing.

Continue using whatever suits you dude. lol

15. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

They should do the following:

• Make the new start screen an option
    • Add settings to where a user can bring back or turn off classic start menu (Possibly have the option displayed under Programs and Features, Turn Windows features on or off).
    • Iron out the majority of the existing bugs (Freezes, Settings being reverted, Incompatibilities, etc.)

Windows is about giving a user a choice (Customization, Tweaks and options), which in my opinion Windows 8 currently lacks.

If they did those three thing's, I would drop Windows 7 in favor of it.

16. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Stop holding back and say how you really feel!:D

Seriously, it looks like I'll be using Windows 7 for a really long time...

17. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Sadly, they won't do any of that, because they have an altogether different agenda, which has no regard for the wants and needs of the traditional desktop user. It is what it is....

18. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Yes, this leaked build makes it clear that they won't be giving back the Start Menu, etc. Their utter disregard for all the desktop users who object to this is still mind boggling to me.

19. Tyrizian

I heard rumor that they might bring the old start menu, of course that might be just that...a "Rumor"

If that is true though, then that is one checked off my list.

and...

I'm sure some of the bugs will be fixed eventually.
    So, that would be checked off my list as well (Hopefully likely)

The only one that seems like a long shot, would be the new start screen as an optional feature.

I still retain hope, so I'm not going to just say "It is what it is"

20. JimboW

JimboW Registered Member

Yes, It really wouldn't hurt to ask if you're using a tablet or not during installation. Damn stupid if you ask me and a shame.

21. Tyrizian

For the way that Windows 8 is configured (New start screen, etc.), then this is definitely a great feature that Microsoft should've added from the beginning.

I agree

22. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

How about "It is what MS wants it to be..."? ;)

I will reserve any hope for Windows 9 myself....

23. Tyrizian

So far, my experience with Windows 8 has been negative (Freezes, Settings being reverted on it's own, etc.), my hopes are that some of these future changes will help improve the experience for the user.

If it get's better, then I shall return to Windows 8

If not....

Then hopefully, Windows 9 will be the one to win me over.

24. SoCalReviews

SoCalReviews Registered Member

Touch control has been around how long?...More than a decade. It was exciting on small smart phone devices and may be ok for pads and mobile devices...but it's stupid for a desktop. Touch is on its way out anyway. Camera based motion gesturing and voice commands will be taking over. The Samsung Galaxy S 4 has more advanced non-touch gesturing. More desktops will be taking advantage of this type of control which should be far superior for control than having to reach out and extend your entire arm to touch a screen. Windows 8 should have been both touch and non-touch motion gesture control. Back to the drawing board for MS. If they are lucky you might have it ready in three years for their Windows 9 release.

If you don't want your Windows 8 to freeze then try installing it on a Mac as a VM with Parallels 8. I haven't had a single problem with it freezing or locking...not once since I installed the Preview last year or the official Pro version a few months ago. The workaround for the flawed interface of Windows 8 is the free " Classic Shell " program which I use and I makes my Windows 8 experience much more efficient and easy than it was before.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  25. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I didn't suspect they would. Microsoft is not usually one to backpedal once they have made a decision. It would be like publicly admitting to a mistake, which a company of that size cannot do. Fortunately there are more than enough 3rd party solutions for me to care if they bring it back or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.