Baidu Antivirus 2013

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by thanhtai2009, Feb 27, 2013.

1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It was originally stated as being compatible with 10 other antiviruses (it was not stated which ones), but the updated website for Baidu does not recommend the use of multiple antivirus software.

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

That's exactly what they say on the website, without to mention any vendor/s, product names etc etc...afaik :doubt:

"Hmm let's try BD out together with Baidu lalalalalal oh no it's not working very well, then it can't be one of the 10 compatible ones...OK let's try another one....." :rolleyes:

Edit:Good to know, then maybe it wasn't compatible with anything in the first place, or they were unsure with what it was compatible with, and choosed not to mention any vendors or product names. :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  3. bobad

bobad Registered Member

It has run fine along side Comodo, Avast, and MBAM on my machine. I have seen others report it running fine along side Symantec, Kaspersky, ESet, and McAfee.

I'm guessing Baidu does not recommend running their AV along side another AV not because of compatibility issues, but because they have confidence in their own product.

4. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

From there FAQ "Can two antivirus software run on my computer at the same time?
    It is not recommended to run two antivirus software at the same time. Instead of better protection, there will always be capability error and low performance of PC as well. Therefore, it is recommended to uninstall other antivirus software before installing Baidu Antivirus."

5. internet addict

internet addict Registered Member

no go for me then

I'd like to give this AV a try at some point though.

6. DX2

DX2 Guest

It's been running silently along side of AppGuard with no problems. No slow downs or cpu spikes..

7. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Baidu ran OK alongside with CIS on my 2 PC.

8. awagan

awagan Registered Member

Is that CIS with AV enabled?

9. Solarlynx

Yes, CIS and Baidu were fully enabled.

10. spywar

spywar Registered Member

And do you expect a "better protection" ? :rolleyes:

11. Solarlynx

CIS needs protection as well. :D

I used them together just out of curiosity. No real need. I would say one can expect better detection.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  12. littleturle

littleturle Registered Member

Some questions:

Why free?
    What this chinese company wants to get beyond money?
    Supported by PRC goverment?

Thanks.

13. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Only money.

14. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Littleturle.........
    Why is Avast/Avira/AVG free ??

You posted similar questions about Qihoo 360. Why all the paranoia about the PRC ??, you should be more worried about the US Government given the news re Prism.
    I have used Baidu but presently using Qihoo 360 without any issues at all and very satisfied with it.
    But let's get back on topic. Is the new version of Baidu 3.4.1.33144 updating yet ??

15. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Anyone using this new version, can you defrag all of the Baidu files yet, or are they still locked?

16. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Good to know for those that want to run it together with something else :thumb:

17. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Have they fixed the Avira update problem?

18. ghodgson

I have the newest version installed. 3.4.1.33144 and all virus defs and engines are stuck on 17/6/2013.
    It seems this problem is not resolved.

19. DX2

DX2 Guest

Both Baidu and Avira updates are at 6/20 on my computer...

20. ghodgson

DX2
    This is exactly the problem numerous Baidu users have been experiencing and reporting here at Wilders. It also very much depends on which Baidu AV version is running.......everybody seems to have different Virus defs updates etc etc.

But at 6/20 the virus defs are still a week too old. :(

I've just noticed that on the Baidu AV screen it says virus database version 17/6/2013 -- but in the logs it says Virus Defs updated 25/6/2013 database 2111118090. So I wonder if this difference is a bug.
    What database reference is given in the logs for the June 20th defs is it 2111118090 ??

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  21. fenson

fenson Registered Member

I have tried it & don't care for it.Is it really that hard to fix the update problem?Kingsoft was sooooooo much better in every way.They finally took the Kingsoft Antivirus English main website down.
    Anyway,i don't think that i will be going back to this one.Baidu doesn't bother to answer any questions,so why should i bother using their product.I know it's free,but come on Baidu get involved.It's the same with their browser(Baidu Spark).I like most things about Spark,but people ask questions with no response.I do like Qihoo 360 antivirus,but it eats a little too much memory for my taste right now.

22. bobad

bobad Registered Member

I don't think this is a real big deal. Remember, Baidu is a cloud AV with constant updates. Nevertheless, I hope the Avira issue is soon fixed.

Edited to say my install (3.4.1.3314) updated today, 7/1/13

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  23. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Baidu Antivirus 3.4.2.34811

Website-http://antivirus.baidu.com/en/
    Web Installer-http://antivirus.baidu.com/download.php-15.8 MB
    Offline Installer-http://download.antivirus.baidu.com/BavProFull_Setup.exe-92.4 MB

24. ghodgson

Thanks for the update Paul.
    BUT......I dont see ANYTHING about fixing the update issues !!!! What's wrong with them. o_O
    Well I will install it and see what happens. Watch this space.

25. bobad

bobad Registered Member

I love the way it installs over the previous version. Takes about 3 seconds, no restart, all settings retained. My only wish is Baidu doesn't change anything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.