MJ Registry Watcher 1.2.7.9 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Graphic Equaliser, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graphic Equaliser

Graphic Equaliser Registered Member

MJRW 1.2.7.9 released at http://jacobsm.com/mjsoft.htm with the following changes :-

Changes 1.2.7.8 to 1.2.7.9
    1) Added "Pause Scanning" option to tray icon menu with options for pausing the sweep for various amounts of time, ranging from 1 minute up to 4 hours before sweeps resume.
    2) Added "Check for Updates" option to tray icon menu.
    3) Added option to minimize MJRW when a user tries to close the program when the main window is visible.
    4) Added hkey_lmus\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\plmvolatile to
    the exempt keys and filespecs list. Windows 8 updates this key whenever a Metro tile changes its content.
    5) Added customization files that survive a software update. There are 3 files - one for Key Lists, one for Exempt Values, and one for Exempt Keys and Filespecs.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

What's the procedure for upgrading from the previous version?

3. iammike

iammike Registered Member

I have custom rules in both MJRegWatchKeys.txt and MJRegWatcher.xck if I install / unzip the update it will overwrite these.

Is there a way to keep my custom rules when upgrading instead of merging the old and the new files each time an upgrade comes out ??

Edit: // I use the "Custom" Security Set

4. Graphic Equaliser

Tom, use Options, Check for Updates. MJRW will close after the download and launch the zip file it downloaded. From there, use Windows to get the folder into the correct place and overwrite the files with the newer versions.

Mike, always keep your customisations in a safe place. You will have to manually merge the changes into the new files, or keep your files and add in the new stuff that has been added. In the next version, I'll work on a better and more automatic merge facility for key sets, .xck and .xcp files.

Gosh, you lot keep me busy! Cheers,

5. iammike

Thanks for this, what if you create something like MJRegWatchKeys.cus and MJRegWatcher.cus where you keep your customized entries and on start they would be read / merged.

Just a thought !!

6. Graphic Equaliser

That's an excellent idea. There would have to be 3 .cus files - one for the keys, one for exempt values and the other for exempt keys/filespecs. I think I'll call them MJRW_Keys.cus MJRW_xcp.cus and MJRW_xck.cus

I could then merge them (so duplicates are ignored) into the internally-held lists when MJRW is loaded, and that way, you can maintain your own addenda to MJRW's protection. Great idea! I could also offer a little submenu to allow you to edit these .cus files off of the Options menu much like "Edit Exempt Values List" works, but would only take effect at next restart of MJRW. Simple and neat! I will definitely put this into this version. Thanks, Mike, for that great suggestion! :) :thumb:

7. Graphic Equaliser

It wouldn't wait. Customizations has been incorporated into 1.2.7.9 - download the zip again if you want this feature.

8. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I've tried to download the new version a few times on different internet connections. The zip file will not extract for me... :(

9. Graphic Equaliser

I just downloaded it, extracted the contents, and checked the version details of Regwatcher - they're all fine and it runs fine too. Must be your end!

10. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Very odd!

The 3 files that won't extract are RegWatcher.exe, mjregwatchupd.txt and MJRegWatchHelp.txt.

I'll try again at home but I have already tried 2 completely separate internet connections with 3 devices (2 PCs and a cell phone) and had the same issue...

11. Graphic Equaliser

Those are precisely the 3 that were updated today. Perhaps you need to extract the zip to a fresh empty directory first and see if that cures the problem.

I just uploaded a re-zipped version after Windows "Extract All Files" failed on my PC. Please try again.

12. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Whatever the issue was, your refresh of the new version did the trick! It works!!

Thanks!! :)

13. iammike

Wow that was fast !!!!

Thanks ! :thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.