Adobe EOL Products New Registration keys and Setup Files

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Fuzzfas, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Adobe has removed the activation servers for some EOL products, so all customers must now get new versions of the programs with offline activation key here or else their existing products will NOT be able to activate anymore with their existing keys and setup files.

Products affected:

Adobe Creative Suite CS2 (Standard)
    Acrobat 3D 1.0 (Windows)
    Acrobat Standard 7.0
    Acrobat Pro 8.0
    Audition 3.0
    GoLive CS2
    Illustrator CS2
    InCopy CS2
    InDesign CS2
    Photoshop CS2
    Photoshop Elements 4.0/5.0
    Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

New installers and offline registration keys here:

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

- Installation problems solved for Win x64 (including Win7):

Issue

When you install Adobe Creative Suite 2.x in Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, you see the error message, "The path you selected for installation contains unsupported characters. Please choose a different folder for installation."

Details

You are attempting to install one or more applications to the default installation path, [X] :\Program Files (x86)\Adobe (where [X] is the hard disk on which the system is installed).

To the top
    Solution

Do one of the following solutions:

Solution 1: Upgrade to Adobe Creative Suite 4.
    To purchase an upgrade from Adobe, visit the Adobe Store, click Creative Suite Bundle.
    To locate an authorized reseller, visit the Adobe website.
    Solution 2: Edit the installation path.
    Edit the installation path, and then install the application files to that folder.

In the installer wizard, type [X]:\Progra~2\Adobe for the installation path. Your Adobe Creative Suite applications will be installed to Program Files (x86)\Adobe.
    Resume the installation.
    Solution 3: Create a new folder, and then specify that folder in the installation path.
    Create a new folder, using the name and location that you prefer. (For example, create a folder named "CS2" at the root directory of the hard disk.)

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-path-contains-unsupported-characters.html?PID=4485850

- Installation Solution in case of "Disk 2 error":

Always use "Run as administrator" for UAC enabled systems.
    1. Extract to a Folder Disk 2, 3 and Extras before extracting Disk1
    2. Run (and extract to the same folder as 2,3) Disk1, which contains the installation procedure. It should then automatically find the already extracted disks 2 and 3.

CAUTION:
    Quote:
    "On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated …

You have heard wrong! Adobe is absolutely not providing free copies of CS2!

What is true is that Adobe is terminating the activation servers for CS2 and that for existing licensed users of CS2 who need to reinstall their software, copies of CS2 that don’t require activation but do require valid serial numbers are available. (Special serial numbers are provided on the page for each product download.)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adriank.../07/download-adobe-cs2-applications-for-free/

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/01/grab-photoshop-and-cs2-for-absolutely-free-right-now/

So, please, DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE MISFORTUNE OF SOME CUSTOMERS' LUCK WITH THE ACTIVATION SERVERS, IN ORDER TO GET FOR FREE THESE PROGRAMS.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

Honestly, I'm not sure I'm understanding this.

Is Adobe:
    1. Providing several Serial Numbers in a public webpage that requires absolute no authentication (http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html); +
    2. Together with new installers that only accept these Serial Numbers; +
    3. And also asking those who didn't purchase that software when they were available for sale to not use whatever they are providing there?

Yes? Sounds a bit funny.

3. Fuzzfas

Correct.

Correct. The keys are actually universal (all users use the same) and don't require online activation. After installation the product proposes registration, but this is not necessary.

Correct. Let me explain. The internet, as soon as this page came up, exploded with posts of "Adobe giving away for free older versions of products!". To the point that initially, the Adobe page came down because of the too many downloads. Then Adobe came out to say that it's not a giveaway, but a way for her old customers that still use these products, to be able to activate again, because their current CDs and keys, won't work anymore.

So, this is an informative post for those users who are affected. Saying, like in several other fora "Adobe products for free", would be really against Adobe's official statement and this forum's TOS, so i thought to put the issue in its official status.

I respect Adobe's policy too much to comment on this.

4. Wild Hunter

5. Fuzzfas

But de jure it is not, so i would never claim it is, because the mods would have to delete the thread. It is SUPPORT TO OLD CUSTOMERS IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO STILL USE THEIR PRODUCTS.

6. Wild Hunter

I understand. I'm an old user who purchased these products some years ago if I remember correctly (I don't have a receipt anymore to distinguish this claim from a dream, but whatever, they aren't asking for one, they aren't objectively asking anything at all - lol) so thanks for the advise. ;)

7. Fuzzfas

I am sure that Adobe has faith in your honesty and i was sure that various Wilders' members would be affected, so glad i could help. :D

8. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

Essentially. Yes it is.

However as an old CS2 owner, who long lost his registration and installation CD's, this is actually a good thing for me. CS2 is widely considered to be the best version of photoshop ever released. Many of the plugins for it are now freeware/abandonware, and many of those are some of the better ones that were released. Great find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.