Trend Micro Titanium AV 2013

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Macstorm, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

First things first... Happy New Year everyone! *puppy*

As title reads. I'm currently trialing TMAV 2013 for five days so far and I am very pleased I did. I haven't experienced any lags whatsoever on my pc which was my main concern before trying it, according to other users experiences. Actually, I have to admit that av-test and av-comparatives made me to think about TMAV because of its top rank in malware detection, meanwhile this software has passed my own "rigorous tests" :D with flying colors. And if things go as good as they're going now, I wouldn't think twice about recommend it to my family and friends. Anyone else here using TM? any thoughts good or bad?

2. Arcanez

Arcanez Registered Member

It has a very strong webfilter so in malware Prevention it seems to be quiet good. if i remember correctly however it's on demand capabilities are very limited so for that you might want to use something else.

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Trend Micro Titanium plus Anti Virus 2013 Lifetime license for 7 PC Available on usb and includes system mechanic 11 at QVC Shopping network for $99.96 with 3 easy pay option.You can find it under electronics - software.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

my opinion: protection was good almost to much so blocked some things i didnt want it to. but not enough settings and control for me imo. did have some slowdown but not as much as others and not nearly what it used to have. not fond of its "firewall helper" with really not way to set things in it.

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

note that each install is tied to that pc and can not be moved from the usb install. so if you got a new pc you loose one install. i have a client who bought this and we installed it. they then bought a new pc and we contacted trend and they said just go ahead and install it on the new pc then after that they told us they already lost one activation because they installed it on the previous machine and its "tied" to the old machine so now they were down one install. just make note for anyone who buys it.

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Noted,still a good deal for no yearly renewal fees.

7. Macstorm

Thanks all for your input. I'm still wondering how TM did to improve their detection rate in last months :thumb:

8. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Turned up the Heru detections to favour detection over FP's. Where as in previous years it was favoured for a lack of FP's over detection.

9. Macstorm

Thanks. They did a very good job then. No big deal their fp's from what I see at av-comp. And at av-test it's a winner too, they both can't be wrong :cool:

10. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Except, it seems to rely on the cloud and heuristics a bit too much. Might be a problem under some very specific circumstances. The FPs probably went down because of cloud-based whitelists.

I personally still prefer a good local database over a cloud based one.

11. Macstorm

Thanks. I'm fine with their heuristics but I didn't know they rely on cloud detection that much, then this could explain the lightness of TM. I'll keep in mind that one ;)

12. waters

waters Registered Member

They use The Trend Micro Smart Protection Network

13. Macstorm

Thanks. Found this link about their SPN:

http://cloudsecurity.trendmicro.com...echnology/smart-protection-network/index.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.