Re: Eset Smart Security V6 live grid scan failed to spot listed trojan, urgent help needed plz?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by mocito, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mocito

mocito Registered Member

Beta Eset v6 live scan passed trojan now lost control plz hlp

Well been testing only 2 days have now a major problem and Eset support sent me here as is a beta not going to help me, i am quite angry but shall try give my report as it happened. I was suspiscious of a file on my flash so scanned with Eset and by the way all options are checked and i am in the live grid, anyway the scan showed was safe. I opened the photo to look and horrified to watch my computer being completely taken over. I checked the logs and saw what was new and researched it, i found it though nothing i can seem to do about it as not a tech so wondering if anyone may be able to advise or help? It is Isass.exe same name as the legitimate exe but spelt with a capital I instead. Listed as trojan so baffled as if listed how got through the live grid. The trojan has rapidly deployed, i am locked out of bios and boot by password, it has also installed itself in regedit completely altering every part, i read that now any security products ie logon related and firewall are now effectively useless also being controlled remotely. Not sure what i can do if anything at all as have an average understanding in computers but the binary codes etc in regedit no idea, though have now a user on board with special permissions, not able to change as over rules me, has a set of files in regedit starting with 51 but lots of them and saw strings relating to bios and logon, too nervous to try remove in case complete system failure. Sorry if not very good in my explanation but exhausted and quite upset by things, just wondered if any ideas i can try as all security scans with mbam, Eset and Zemana too all show as fine though obviously not and unable to have a software remove it for me and btw i removed after finding now fraudulent ssl relating to Microsoft trusted root authority add ons, i am guessing i need a new laptop? I did check the file security paths in the hope maybe alter permissions, not even the option appears and tried stopping the process plus deleting, denied, removal, denied as admin, denied:( Please if anyone can offer help i need it rapidly as losing my os altogether not sure if will be online much longer:( Actualy running out of time and options, was going to attempt try to repair but looking at the log does not appear to be much of my os left, i do not understand much if honest and still numb with shock that it passed the scan when listed and now accept probably need buy a new computer as not got the money to repair this mess or confidence it will be completely sorted. Thanks ever so much and sorry for my many edits but was panicking lots, now just resigned to the fact my laptop will probably not even boot up next time or i will be locked out completely :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

For assistance with removing an existing malware infection, it would be best to contact support. In the United Kingdom, ESET's support can be reached at http:///www.eset.co.uk/.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.