Intel Rapid Storage Technology 11.6 problem

Discussion in 'hardware' started by FanJ, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

It looks like that (some?) folks are having problems with Intel RST 11.6. After a post by SaphireX I looked at the Intel forum link they gave:
    http://communities.intel.com/thread/31847

I post this to make folks aware of it. I don't know whether it affects everyone using Intel RST.

2. SaphireX

SaphireX Registered Member

3. JimboW

JimboW Registered Member

What I do is download the f6.zip instead of the iata.exe and install the driver manually. iaAHCIC.inf if running AHCI or iaStorAC.inf if running RAID. No service, no GUI, no problem.

4. SaphireX

SaphireX Registered Member

That was also suggested at the StationDrivers Forum but without the Service or GUI running to tip you off if something is going bad...regardless if you are AHCI mode or perhaps RAID mode it would actually seem pointless in even installing the drivers manually and instead just use the native Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA controller

5. trparky

trparky Registered Member

Sorry to dig a thread out of the trash can but... Did anyone have any performance issues with the 11.6 version drivers?

Why I ask is that my machine has been being plagued with an issue in which when the system is first booted programs load fine but then as time goes on, the system starts loading apps slower and slower. Only a reboot can fix the issue but that's only a temporary fix until I have to reboot again.

My machine has an Intel SSD 520 Series in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.