Which AV's support Fast-User switching in XP

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Blackcat, May 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

KAV 5, as with earlier versions does not support fast-user switching in Windows XP.

Basically, the KAV system tray icon is only seen with the first person who logs into the system. Later, when other users log in, the system tray icon disappears in their profiles, although KAV is still running as a background service and therefore still giving protection.

However, if the system is infected after the first user has logged off, the current users do not see any pop-up window informing them of an infection. In this profile, access to the infected file is blocked but the user is not informed visually that the file is infected.

This is due to be fixed sometime in the future for KAV 5 but the disappearance of the AV icon is a concern for newbies who begin to wonder (panic!!) what has caused this behaviour.

My brother was trying out KAV 5 but because of the above he is sticking with NOD, which remains throughout several different profiles ( therefore I am assuming NOD does support fast-user switching).

Therefore, apart from NOD, which other AV programs support fast-user switching?

2. bob_man_uk

bob_man_uk Registered Member

I had this problem but i never found a way to use user switching, i had to make all users log off before the next could log back in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.