SpywareBlaster & SpywareGuard dates of updates

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by tigbroad, May 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigbroad

tigbroad Registered Member

I am having difficulty with SpywareGuard not downloading the latest update file. The message reads - " Error downloading Updates. There was an error downloading Updates. The last working definitions have been loaded from backups." - However the last date for these is 8/30/03 !!! How can I ensure that I have and can get the latest number of definitions.
    Also, SpywareBlaster appears to download the latest definitions but the date is still 4/7/04 with 2817 items in database.
    Can anyone help me please to get BOTH programmes up-to-date ?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. tigbroad

tigbroad Registered Member

Thanks Snowbound. I read and visited the second thread you posted above and reading through all of the replies I realised that I have an accelorator (compression) programme on called 'OnSpeed', so I disabled it and did the live updates for both Blaster and Guard and I am pleased to report that I now appear to be 'up-to-date' Blaster is dated 5/18/04 and Guard i dated 1/22/04 would these dates seem OK to you ?
    Thanks again for your help.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Those dates are right on. ;)

Anytime, glad u got it working. :)

snowbound

5. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Registered Member

Sorry for stepping in - is it just me or http://www.javacoolsoftware.com has been down for quite a few hours?

Been trying to check for SpywareGuard updates and getting an error. The site won't open either (on the contrary, all updates for SpywareBlaster, which are located at http://www.javacoolsoftware.net, are downloaded normally).

BS o_O

6. Jasper The Rasper

Jasper The Rasper Registered Member

I have been having the same problem since yesterday evening, just with spywareguard. Is the site down for some reason?

7. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Registered Member

Seems it just fixed itself. [​IMG]

I checked for SG updates a moment ago and got the normal "No updates available... etc" message. :)

BS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.