how to set indendent window sizes

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by garry35, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garry35

garry35 Registered Member

how can you set each window to have its own size. the reason i ask is because i have tried to organise my folders according to their contents eg. pics,movies,games,apps etc. for pics and movies i like to see large or extra large icons so i can see a preview, but in other folders i prefer the medium or small icons so they arent previewed because previews for games or apps isnt very practical.

but after changing the icon size for one folder, ALL the others are the same, so i want individual settings for each folder.

Gazzer

2. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

The first thing I'd check is in Folder Options>View. Make sure "Remember each folder's view settings" is enabled.

3. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

You could also reset all folders in Folder Options>View>Reset All Folders. That'll clear the view settings cache and start from scratch.

4. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

@ garry35, are you using Win 7?

5. garry35

garry35 Registered Member

yeah using win7 x64

6. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Hi garry35, I thought that. Thanks for confirmation. ;)

Unlike Win XP (and before OS), Windows 7 doesn't have an option to remember the size and position of windows that you open and close. A very (very, very and very...) annoying change done with Win 7.

It's why I use and recommend to use ShellFolderFix, a tiny tool that does that work for Win 7 users.

Info: 1 - 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.