FireGloves

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by popcorn, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popcorn

popcorn Registered Member

2. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

Thanks for posting.

PD

3. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

apparently this doesnt work 100% all the time as per reviews , so id rather just manually enter the fingerprint in about:config and be sure ;)

4. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

Yeah, I'm testing it now. I get the same stats with or without it on my seriously locked down setup. You also have to manually enable it for each tab if you aren't using Private Browsing.

PD

5. popcorn

it does seem to turn itself on and off, but Im working on the theory that multiple "browser fingerprints" are harder to pin down than 1 static print, however Im very open to more advanced/learned theories than mine :rolleyes:

6. Function

Function Registered Member

How does one go about to do this? Is there a guide to follow for us with less experience.

7. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

User-Agent string:
    about:config, Right-click, new, string, Preference name to general.useragent.override, Value is set to Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0. This will change the information about your web browser, basically its tricking sites into thinking you're running in a different browser, numbers, etc. This can be a problem though with addons for Firefox. This value can be changed to anything you want, Chrome String, Opera String, whatever. But, the one I listed is the ideal recommendation.

8. popcorn

firegloves appears not to function under firefox 13.0 according to panopticlick anyways, my score has now jumped back to the mid 30,000's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.