Internet Explorer- can I block scripts?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by BrandiCandi, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrandiCandi

BrandiCandi Guest

Hello! I use and love Firefox because I can customize it with security features like NoScript, adblock, delete super cookies (you know- all the stuff that suits my tin foil hat when I'm wearing it :p ). On my Windows machines, I also run Internet Explorer, but I can't find an add-on to block or limit scripts. Does such a creature exist in IE? If not, how can I control what scripts run in my IE browser?

Sorry if I've picked the wrong place to post this question. Let me know where it should go if not here.

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Hi, indeed there is such an App :) I used it for Many years with great success on IE6. Not sure if it works with later versions, but you can try it & see. Let us know if it does, i think it might ;) It also blocks ActiveX & Java etc etc.

It's very simple/quick to install/configure & also disable/enable the items you require, as & when you might need them.

3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

4. BrandiCandi

BrandiCandi Guest

Cool- ActiveX Filtering may be the thing I'm looking for. I'll see how I can configure it. And if that doesn't work, then I'll give Qsiz a try.
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.