License question

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I want to add 3 more workstations to the same license. I have a license for 3 workstations now, but I want to increase the same license to 6 workstations. It's too big of pain to keep up with which License is one which workstation so I want to have the same license for all of them. Is it possible to do this? Could someone help me with making a purchase for the same license?

Thank You
    cutting_edgetech

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

At the moment, I don't believe it's possible to upgrade the number of PCs from 3 to 6 with the current licensing system. This was possible with Prevx but we're using the Webroot eCommerce system currently. We're in the process of extending it (first to support Prevx license keys, then to support the non-standard sizes like what you're requesting) and once we're finished, you'll most definitely be able to have a single key for 6.

However, in the meantime, you're going to need to have two keys. Sorry for the inconvenience :oops:

3. fblais

fblais Registered Member

What about a key for a single computer?
    The minimum seems to be three right now.

Thanks,
    François

4. PrevxHelp

For the Essentials product, the license can be used on up to 3 PCs. For Complete, it can be used on up to 3 PCs and up to 3 mobile devices. The AV only product has a one PC license available.

5. Cutting_Edgetech

Maybe there will be a possibility to get the 2 license converted to 1 once the system is operational. Do you have an ETA on this being completed? I'm going to try to do the same thing with all my licenses. NOD 32, OA, etc..

6. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

like a way to merge multiple one together. i know avast as well as a few others can do this

7. PrevxHelp

I would think we'll support this, but probably as a second-phase addition to the licensing system.

8. Cutting_Edgetech

Well, please keep us updated on this. Thanks for the info Joe!

9. Adam_PRS

Adam_PRS Registered Member

So how would one go about adding another license to their main Previx Server?
    There are no FAQs that have been able to help me, nor has anyone responded to my question posed via prevx.com on their support tab.

10. webbit

webbit Registered Member

hi

i have an unopened box of webroot security essential will this licence automatically work on secure anywhere

Thanks

11. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

I have same...think best thing to do is get trial for WSAE, for my other lappy (on which I want WSA now), and near end of trial convert WISE license to apply, as I see it anyway, seems best possibility.

12. PrevxHelp

We have a process which is now released and available to users which can do this for you automatically. At the moment, it is throttled but users will be upgraded automatically from the existing Webroot products to SecureAnywhere over the next few weeks.

If you wish to do this manually, you can just run SecureAnywhere and it will automatically import your 7.0 license, uninstall your existing copy, and then install itself.

Alternatively, you can just insert the license from 7.0 if you don't currently have it installed but it would be best to do so after first uninstalling WSA. There is a license transition process which takes place when applying a 7.0 license into WSA - after transitioned, you won't be able to use your old key anymore but you'll be given a new key.

I hope that makes sense - let me know if you have any questions!

13. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Hmmm...Thanks Joe, now let me see if I've got that right. Seems to me, until finalised, you install and activate WISE license, then ihstall WSAE on top, apply WSA license received, and it will convert v7 license.
    But in time WISE, Prevx, PSOL etc licenses will convert automatically, yes? :)
    Thanks Joe :thumb:

14. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Thank God! ...that, I run the beta, otherwise I think I would go spare. :argh:

15. zfactor

so if i have a few unused wise lic's they will soon work with wsae if i just install it and enter the unused lic? i have 3 boxed 3 user ones i have not used yet? thanks

16. PrevxHelp

Let me clarify :) All you have to do is type in the WISE license into WSA and it will work straight away - no need to type in another license. We will, however, create a new license but we automatically use the new license within the client.

17. PrevxHelp

They will work now as it stands today.

18. zfactor

how do the downloadable lic's for wise work: do they start ticking when you buy them or when you use it for the first time?

19. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

They start ticking at Activation, which is the first time you use them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.