Webroot SecureNowhere can't handle multiple simultaneous infections - Buggy!!

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by qakbot, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

While Webroot was cleaning up a virus, I downloaded and ran another virus. Webroot just choked. You can see from the screenshot that it is stuck. I can't even move the Mouse!!!

VERY POOR QUALITY.

Attached Files:

2. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

Wow this thing is buggy as hell. I can't believe Webroot released this. From my previous post, since the cleanup hung the system I was forced to do a hard reset.

Upon reboot I installed MalwareBytes and started a scan since I figure that since the cleanup didn't complete, the system might still be infected.

The malwarebytes scan was taking FOREVERRRRRR! Something like 10-20 files a second. I shutdown Webroot and the scan speed was back to normal. What the hell is Webroot doing with the malwareBytes scan o_O

Did PCMag test this product at all before giving it Editor's choice. I have just been testing for 10 minutes and already found two serious bugs.

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Just curious if it froze up the mouse how in the world did you do screen shots or my missing something.

4. overangry

overangry Registered Member

Downloaded well over 500 malware samples during the beta test period, never once did WSA freeze.
    It might be your setup?

5. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

I don't have any problems neither.

6. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I can't believe it either. There was more than one report of the beta causing Windows XP systems to freeze on shutdown/restart, yet they still went ahead and released it without first resolving the issue. I'm sure they must have a list of other bugs that were reported but not addressed. Not even a release candidate, straight from buggy beta to final. As an active beta tester, I feel somewhat let down by this. :thumbd:

7. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We did have a handful of reports of this but we have yet to have a user with a reproducible case that we've been able to investigate. The build is by no means final (we're constantly improving it) so if you're still running into problems, please let me know and I can take a look ASAP.

8. PrevxHelp

I haven't heard of any similar reports to this - if you could write into our support inbox, the research team should be able to help you to diagnose what's going wrong.

Thanks!

9. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Much like your post then :rolleyes:

How about asking for help or informing the support team that you are having an issue instead of putting up a provocatory post that contains almost no useful information in diagnosing or fixing the problem in the support forum?

I'm not sure if you are aware how software is actually developed or tested for "quality" but I am confident the developers and QA testers aren't as stupid as you make them out to be in your post.

10. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Presumably he was running a VM since he was deliberately running malware.

In fairness though it'd be far more productive to try and work with the devs to rectify this issue rather than just slate the software,otherwise it's very difficult for them to resolve something they can't reproduce.

11. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Thanks and Couldn't agree more working with devs.

12. PrevxHelp

We still haven't been contacted but we are definitely keen to get this fixed as quickly as possible if there is an issue. qakbot - if you could please send me a PM ASAP, I would much appreciate being able to help identify what went wrong during your testing.

Thank you!

13. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

Yes. Running a VM.

I did absolutely nothing special. Which is why this whole thing bothers me so much and the somewhat unfair reaction on my part. Clean install of XP SP2 on a VM. Downloaded a couple of random links from malwaredomainslist. Thats when this happened. What else would you like to know ?

Can you take a look at the MalwareBytes slow scan at least ? That one should be easy to reproduce.

14. PrevxHelp

MalwareBytes loads files in the background as executables which could be the case - I'll take a look to see what may be happening. However, I've tried several infections off of MDL and haven't found/reproduced any issue. A remote support session would be helpful if you can reproduce it.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.