MJ RegWatcher Update

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Graphic Equaliser, Jun 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graphic Equaliser

Graphic Equaliser Registered Member

I have just updated MJRW with some minor tweaks and improvements :-

Changes 1.2.7.2 to 1.2.7.3
    1) Uses Microsoft-approved method of reading regional settings.
    2) EMail support is now improved with full diagnostic error messages in the log when things don't work properly. This makes for easier email debugging and logging.
    3) Automatically resets EMail configuration file when details are not filled in properly.
    4) Some new exemptions added for Windows 7.

Regards,

2. soccerfan

soccerfan Registered Member

Thanks, as always :thumb:
    PS: For the unwary, you may want to include a link (in your sig perhaps) ;)

3. Graphic Equaliser

Oh yeah! I forgot. Also, for those of you concerned whether MJRW runs on Windows7 64-bit, it does, and I am running it on my laptop with Win7 Pro 64-bit. I did not need to do anything special (except get rid of UAC, which I do anyway). Download from http://www.jacobsm.com/mjsoft.htm#rgwtchr

Also, for those needing an email client to run on Windows 7, I have developed MJEmails which is free for download from http://www.jacobsm.com/mjsoft.htm#mjems and allows HTML email composition. It is not meant to be an OE6 replacement, but it does provide basic email functionality for free, and it's quick and easy to set up.

Regards,

4. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Updated - Thanks. :thumb:

5. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Graphic: Thanks for the update!!

I have always ran RegWatcher on XP but not on Vista or 7. If I decide to run it on 7 with UAC on, what might I expect to see as far as warnings and such? I know it needs RegWatcher needs admin rights to run "correctly". You mention on the website that using the Task Scheduler should solve all this. Is this still the case AFAYK??

6. Graphic Equaliser

AFAIK, Windows 7 is easier to UAC tweak than Vista, so you may be able to exempt MJRW under Win 7 from UAC alerts. With Vista, using the Task scheduler is a last resort. If you must run UAC under Vista, and you are not logged in as administrator, then you may well have to use Task scheduler to circumvent prompts. YMMV. Let us know how you got on! There is always "Right-Click .exe file in Explorer and Run As Administrator"!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.