Support.com Acquires SUPERAntiSpyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by SUPERAntiSpy, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

As I have been part of your community over the years, I wanted to post some exciting news about SUPERAntiSpyware. As the title says, today we closed a deal to be acquired by Support.com. This is really great news for our team. We’ve fielded and turned down many offers in the past. This one though looked like, and is, a great fit. I am very excited about the future ahead! By joining with Support.com, we’ll be able to expand our research and distribution, among other benefits, which will bring SUPERAntiSpyware protection to even more people and increase our ability to fight malware. All the people on our team here in Eugene are joining Support.com as part of this deal. There will be things that change; like I will get my first paycheck in 20 years, but the one thing that will not change is our dedication to SUPERAntiSpyware, our customers, and to removing ALL the spyware, NOT just the easy ones! I even get some vacation time now!

-Nick Skrepetos, Founder, SUPERAntiSpyware

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Congrats to you, especially on getting a paycheck :D However, don't be shocked when this thread gets filled up with "Oh no!" and skepticism. Here's to hoping SAS continues on like it has for so long.

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Let's see what it brings! :D

4. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Well, I am here to make sure people understand this is a positive change all around - we are here for our users!

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Just a heads up that that link fires off a WOT warning. However, nothing is wrong with the site at all.

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

dw426, you are correct, there's nothing wrong. -http://www.urlvoid.com/scan/easyir.com-

8. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Support.com ...never heard of themo_O

9. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

I was thinking the same thing. It will be interesting to see what this brings.

10. J_L

J_L Registered Member

WOT rating made by malicious users as usual. Anyhow, this is great news, because SUPERAntiSpyware development is important for cleaning up infected computers.

11. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Time will tell...;) I have a LIFETIME subscription.

12. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

They evidently do remote tech support for various corporations like Office Depot, Staples, and quite a few others.

13. gery

gery Registered Member

hope it works out for good:thumb: :thumb:

14. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Well known in the US, perhaps...but not downunder in OZ :D

15. LODBROK

LODBROK Guest

And Malwarebytes.
    -http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=72452-
    Very interesting...

16. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

Yes, so do i, but this is probably one of the reasons why this deal happened as lifetime subscriptions are a slow death, you cannot keep on getting new customers. In the end the deal would of course not be lifetime at all in the meaning of the word 9 out of 10 users would think, the product would get a new name and a few new function and voila.

I have more than gotten my moneys worth with the lifetime sub, so i won't complain in any way about that as i understand the "groundrules of the game". Just amusing how these deals are always sold as something good for the enduser. :)

17. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

Kind of ironic. SUPERAntiSpyware's support has been terrible for me (it took a whole year of reminders and even nagging for my translation to simply be added in the installer, and there is no response or sign that the updated translation will be included anytime soon). Maybe now that Support.com owns SUPERAntiSpyware the support quality will improve. I can only hope.

As far as the quality of the product goes, I'm a bit sceptical since I'm among those who have never heard of the aforementioned site. However it doesn't seem to be bad either so who knows...

18. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

I like SAS

and i always install it on every computer with MBAM

It a good news to know that it's going to be improved

19. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Congrats to mr. Skrepetos, seems like a very nice cash purchase price afaict.
    Well done.
    I guess a nice deal for all SAS employees also, being that Support.com takes on the whole team in these difficult times.

20. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

+1. ;)

21. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

Il second to this :thumb:

22. HAN

HAN Registered Member

No comment other than :thumbd:

23. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Well, you can bet those using the free version will... :p

Support.com doesn't seem to be very fond of free:

Source: Virus & Malware Removal section at -http://www.support.com

Damn security forums out there, that specialize in helping people getting rid of infections... for free... They're infecting these people's systems.... :rolleyes:

How can "we" be sure? How can "we" be sure they aren't either? :isay:

I don't think they were also targeting FREE security software... were they? It would be ironic... this acquisition I mean... ;)

24. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It must be good for ASA as it was going downhill since more than a year or so. I even stopped using it.

25. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Like others here,I've not heard of support.com previously,however Nick Skrepetos has always been a straight guy with his users interests paramount,so I'm sure this deal will benefit all.Plus a paycheck and a week in the sun is the least anyone deserves :D .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.