Cant access wilders - pc tools firewall problem

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ReverseGear, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

i am posting this from my frnds pc
    i cant access widlers from my own pc

i installed pc tools firewall on my pc today and found these in history
    can someone plz tell me whta i do ?

Attached Files:

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

it looks like a rule is blocking access to here. Can you delete it or amend it ?

3. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

I have not put any rule...i just put pctools firewall for checking this new version
    the same thing is happening with windows fw,avast fw....
    i have done restore default to fw and still the same things...even used completeinternetrepair software from rizone3.com and still the same problem
    any other solution

4. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

I assume that not all those firewalls were installed at the same time and were removed in a proper way (or by going back to previous state of your system (backup image restored etc)).

Since which moment can you not get access to here?

Which other things did you do to your computer which might have caused this?

Is it only this site that you cannot get access to?
    Do give other security sites also that problem? If yes, which ones?

Have you checked your system with several anti-malware programs?

Do you use a special HOSTS file?
    If yes, did you have a look at it?

Has your provider perhaps temporarily a DNS problem?
    If you're familiar with the HOSTS file, would it help if you add the following entries in your HOSTS file?
    Code:
    65.175.38.194 wilderssecurity.com
    65.175.38.194 www.wilderssecurity.com

Anyway, I leave it further to the firewall experts.

5. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Some malwares block access to sites like Wilders. If you have not already done so then I would suggest that you scan your PC with Malwarebytes, and Hitman Pro. Malware that block access to security sites also sometimes block the installation security programs like i just mentioned. So if you have any trouble installing them then this could be another sign of an infection. Hopefully this will not be the case. If you do not find any infection then try changing your Firewall rules, and see if that will work. If they keep rolling back to the same rules that is blocking Wilders then you could still have an infection that is not being detected. Also as already stated by FanJ it would be good to know if you are being blocked from accessing other Security related sites. Also, don't panic. You may not be infected at all. You could just have a corrupt installation which a lot of times is caused by having not fully uninstalled another 3rd party firewall before installing another Firewall.

6. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

I had windows firewall at first
    then i had put AIS and had uninstalled it with utility and then i have put pc tools firewall
    i cant get access since last week
    i dnt rem any changes that i had made that may have caused this

and this is the only site that is giving me problems

have checked with many programs for malware and m definately clean

m not using any special hosts file

had tried changing firewall rules to default and had no luck

surprisingly i can connect wilders from my pc now..this has happened last week also when i could acces for a few hours b4 it went dead again

im just goona format now...if that doesnt solve then maybe my isp problem

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Why would you want to format? Since you can connect now, what is the purpose of formatting?

You also have system restore or the built in Windows backup programs that can be used.

8. JimboW

JimboW Registered Member

I’ve also been having this problem since last week. Also the problem is only with this site just like The ChamP. Definitely no malware and nothing in Hosts. I have to reset my internet connection to obtain a different IP address then I can access the site. Must be an ISP issue. Very strange.

9. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

aha ..r u from india too ?

10. JimboW

JimboW Registered Member

Nope. I’m in Australia. ISP is Telstra Bigpond. Someone else with my ISP is having the same problems over at SevenForums -http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/165659-wilders-security-forum.html-

11. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

m having the same problem as noels..we have same specs !
    i still dnt understand whts the problem now
    i can connect now...last time i could connect but then it was same timed out error after few hours..will have to wait and see this time

12. bollity

bollity Registered Member

this is not a rule blocking wilders.
    i will tell you what is this .
    when you open any site then close the browser while you are receiving some packets from that site pc tools will block these packets according to the rule "block all other tcp udp packets". and this will show in the log.
    i'm using pc tools and don't have any problem with any site.

13. JimboW

JimboW Registered Member

I don't think it's pc tools firewall. I'm using Win7 firewall with Windows Firewall Control. I think it's an ISP issue. Even though The ChamPs ISP is different, the symptoms that The ChamP, noels7 at SevenForums and myself are having are all remarkably similar.

14. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Ya its not firewall problem...i had not posted the title as pc tools firewall problem..moderator edited it
    damn isp

15. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Same ISP as JimboW and the same problems for a little over a week. Until Bigpond fix whatever needs fixing, I use http://fetch4.me/ to get here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.