PARAGON HFS 9 for 2011 BootCamp Win 7 64

Discussion in 'HFS for Windows' started by 4phun, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4phun

4phun Registered Member

I got an offer from Paragon to get NTFS 9 and HFS+ 9 before June 1 today.

A new 2011 Mac Book Pro i5 8GB 750GB HD is partitioned with Win 7 64bit in BootCamp. I also use Parallels 6 to use this partition in a VM while running Snow Leopard.

When I installed HFS+9 it was in the VM but it installed it in the BootCamp partition as all the other software to date has done. Paragon and Win 7 immediately wanted to FORMAT my Mac Book OSX boot partition which it saw as drive E.

What?

I immediately uninstalled Paragon HFS+ 9 and booted to BootCamp and Win 7 Home Premium and reinstalled HFS+ 9 only to be told the trial had expired.
    Even though it had expired it again prompted me to format the Mac OS X partition as it again said it was unreadable.

So far it looks like Paragon does not have a rock solid product in HFS+ 9 and it may not even be a good investment for Mac Book Pro users with the new line of Thunderbolt Macs. That also leads me to suspect there may be hidden problems in the NTFS 9 product which seemed to install OK under Snow Leopard.

Apple has dropped windows drivers support for older Windows OS with the new Thunderbolt 2011 Macs and that may be the root issue with Paragon's product. Not too many are even aware of this but it is in the Apple KB.

I hope to be able to get some feed back from a knowledgeable source before June 1 or I will have to make all my upcoming reviews of Paragon's Mac products as not recommended.

When I tried support pages there is no option to even indicate you have a question or needed assurances about HFS+ 9. I tried the USA phone number and only got the fact Paragon wanted money to talk to you.

2. scutzi128

scutzi128 Registered Member

I have the same issue with my 2010 Macbook 13"

3. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.