Some Bugs

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by stackz, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Win 7x64 sp1, ESS

1. If my network adapter is disabled at system start-up, then I receive 'An error occurred while starting firewall services. The Personal firewall will not work.'
    As it is my regular practice to disconnect from the internet when I'm not using it, this is a tad inconvenient. Enabling the adapter and rebooting resolves the error.

2. In the Log files for On-demand computer scan, right click > Delete on selected Log files, the window goes blank and doesn't refresh until you navigate away and then back.

3. When installing over the top of a v4.2.X installation, the service registry entry remains for:
    Epfwndis ESET Personal Firewall NDIS filter (Verified) ESET, spol. s r.o. c:\windows\system32\drivers\epfwndis.sys,
    as well as the file epfwndis.sys
    So these need to be manually deleted.

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  2. trial and error

trial and error Registered Member

With the same setup I got the firewall error when unplugged from the www too. Is your fw set to interactive like mine? Reconnected, logged off and back on the firewall was happy again.

This is listed in the top sticky at a link to ESS known issues @ESET

Last edited: May 9, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.