How to delete old scheduled tasks through ERA

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Hanza, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanza

Hanza Registered Member

Dear Nod32 administrators,

I'm struggeling with the following question:

I made a policy in ERA which adds two scheduled tasks to my clients. One tells them to do hourly updates, another tells them to do a weekly full scan.

What I discovered is that when this policy is applied, it adds them to the scheduled tasks the client already knows through earlier policies. It gets quite messy... There are now 8 - 9 scheduled tasks all which had been made by other collegues. What I want is, send a policy to my clients whichs deletes all the old tasks en only adds this newly defined tasks.

Can anyone give me a hint on this one?

ERA Version: 4.0.122.0
    On Windows Server 2003 x86
    500+ clients varying from version 4.0.417 to 4.0.467

Thanks in advance!

Hans

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Tasks are unequivocally identified by their IDs. To delete an existing task, you have 3 options:
    1, download the configuration from a client, mark the desired task(s) for deletion and push the configuration back on the client. In this case, the tasks would be downloaded along with their IDs so marking them fdr deletion will take effect on the clients.
    2, if you know the ID of the task you want to delete, simply assing a task that ID manually, select it for deletion and push the config. back on the client.
    3, if you had recent 4.2 versions installed, you could delete all non-default tasks by ticking the "Revert to default tasks (removes all tasks added by user)" check box in the scheduled tasks configuration window in the Configuration editor, creating the desired tasks from scratch and pushing the config. back on the clients.

3. Hanza

Hanza Registered Member

Thanks for your quick answer Marcos.

I'll go for option one. Already tried that one with one of our clients. Works OK!

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.