eset smart requires your attention

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stratoc, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

hi, 4.2.71.2 version on a clean install of windows 7 64 bit. I get the pop up window (similar to when windows needs updating) but the icon doesnt go orange it stays blue, when you open it is says fully protected and the pop up goes away? action center doesn't report anything.
    the pop up only says 'eset smart needs attention' no other clues, anyone else getting this?

2. stratoc

stratoc Guest

3. Jenee

Jenee Registered Member

Normally the icon goes orange with that message and the message after an install means your PC needs to be restarted.

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

If you've just updated but not rebooted, please do so, the orange icon should return to green, if no joy, please see this ESET KB Article

5. stratoc

stratoc Guest

thanks for the replies but it's just a thread timing problem like the guys in my link have, it only happen very rarely tbh. not a problem, i should have searched harder before posting :D

6. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Please post back if the issue should crop up again as you cited in this post, this issue has been elusive, ESET would appreciate more feedback.

7. stratoc

stratoc Guest

will do it hasnt happened since, I think it has only happened when opening eset gui.

8. terradon

terradon Registered Member

I get the yellow flag and Eset Needs your attention message, when I open ESS. When I click the message, the Protection status shows everything green. When I check the logs, there are only the usual firewall entries.

I'm currently running 4.2.67.10. I'm going to download the latest to see if that helps.

UPDATE: After installing 4.2.71.2, there have been no "needs your attention" messages.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.