Home Internet with Anonymity Built In

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ronjor, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://www.technologyreview.com/web/26981

2. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Tor routers, this will be interesting to see how this goes...

THANKS

3. caspian

caspian Registered Member

That's pretty cool. It reminds me of Iphantom. I still have one. But think about this for a second. If all of the traffic on your computer is mechanically forced through Tor first, then just think what it would be like to fire up a VPN. Can you imagine a VPN provider seeing a connection coming to them directly from inside the Tor network? They'd be like WTF? haha...:argh:

4. Halffull

Halffull Registered Member

What about the data security concerns of sending your online banking/paypal or other sensative online account login details through a proxy.

I've heard of many cases of people using a public proxy, and forgetting to turn it off and then having their paypal hacked soon after.

5. DrMike

DrMike Registered Member

Caspian, does your iphantom still work? I had 2 units until yesterday when they both stopped working at the same time. When I contacted a tech at Phantom Technologies, he did not seem surprised and did not offer any troubleshooting, only a refund. He also said that they stopped supporting it. I'm just curious if they both really failed or they cut them off. It was a great product and I really can't find another hardware appliance like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.