Any thoughts on ProXPN?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Warlockz, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on ProXPN?

I used it for about an hour and had 3 odd IPs try to connect to my Machine

"201.240.105.80" "64.76.24.70" "77.112.42.166"

I told proXPN about the issue and all they had to say is I probably have a "spam sending virus" on my machine, so I analyzed loads of my network traffic with WireShark and I don't see anything odd entering or exiting my machine, and I also scanned my machine the other day and 100% clean, plus I use OpenDNS so wouldn't OpenDNS alert me to BOT activity? It sure did back in January when I was playing around with unsafe software from a warez site in a VM.....

what a coincidence, I only had these issues wile using proxpn, these issues are Obsolete when I'm not using XPN.

I concluded I am Clean after 30min of analyzing my traffic. (with ProXPN turned off)

I also had 4.2.2.1 & 8.8.8.8 show up in my firewall logs wile using proXPN, one is Google Public DNS and the other is Level 3 Communications? I don't know anything about this? I'm not a VPN pro..

Can somebody input their thoughts on the subject please?

2. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Well....really you answered this one yourself. I wouldn't waste another minute in removing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.