Feodo- a new Botnet on the Rise

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Dermot7, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

"We are seeing a trend where new banking trojans are emerging on the threat landscape very rapidly. First came Bugat followed by Carberp. Unfortunately, it is time to meet 'Feodo'. Since august of this year when FireEye's MPS devices detected this malware in the field, we have been monitoring this banking trojan very closely. In many ways, this malware looks similar to other famous banking trojans like Zbot and SpyEye. Although my analysis says that this malware is not a toolkit and is in the hands of a single criminal group.

At the time of writing this article, AV coverage for this malware looks very disappointing. Out of 42 Anti Viruses listed on VirusTotal only two were able to detect it as malicious."

http://blog.fireeye.com/research/2010/10/feodosoff-a-new-botnet-on-the-rise.html

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

When I first saw "Feodo" word in the thread, when scrolling down the forum, I misread "Frodo", and I thought to myself: Hey, Frodo is looking for his preeeciiiious. :D

Anyway, another one bites the dust. New bots will always rise in the horizon.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Sandboxie makes botnets boring ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.