Sandboxie or Comodo sandbox

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by rager, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rager

rager Registered Member

Ive recently become interested in these technologies as a means to prevent malware from websites. Ive started to experiment with Sandboxie but I noticed that my Comodo internet security also comes with a sandboxing tool.

Is there any difference between them? Would one be safer than the other? Should I keep using sandboxie or is it just as safe if I switch to using the comodo one?

Im no expert however, Ive only recently become interested in IT/security - within the last few weeks infact.

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

For running your web browser isolated then nothing betters Sandboxie IMO.

3. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I run Comodo on one machine but I also have Sandboxie on that machine. I have Sandboxie on all my computers. Its proven and quite easy to use.

4. yeuxbleus

yeuxbleus Registered Member

I second this. I've tried other sandboxing software and always come back to Sandboxie

5. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

If you have Comodo's sandbox set to block unknown files you should be good. :D

6. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Well I'm in the same boat too.

I'm playing with Comodo's free firewall and wanted to know if there are any pros and cons to it's sandbox compared to Sandboxie, or they are both doing the same thing as far as sandboxing and keeping the system safe?

So basically speaking they are both accomplishing the same results for sandbox protection? Or is Comodo falling short in some way?

The Comodo free firewall seems like a pretty decent application and I figured since it had a sandbox in it, that there wouldn't be a need to run Sandboxie.

THANKS

7. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I uninstalled Sandbox to try out the Comodo Sandbox. I have the sandbox set to untrusted for unknown files. Going to try this out for a while. I was thinking of Geswall but decided to wait till 3.0 came out and tryout Comodo for now.

8. Serapis

Serapis Registered Member

My friend nothing so far compares to sandboxie's level of protection or features. I have found out that using comodo for a sandbox is akin to using a cyber collander. Their firewall has no equal imo, but sandboxes just aint their thing. sandboxie is very stable indeed, even beta versions are rocksolid with no glitches whatsoever.
    To each his own, goodluck :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.