Vipre distribution

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Biscuit, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/07/13/gfi_sunbelt_acquisition/

Excellent news about the take-over of Vipre, in my experience Sunbelt seemed very poor on distribution. However I still can't find a distributor for the UK & can't buy the product via GFI. Unfortunately it shows that a good product like Vipre is not aimed at the reseller channel but direct to end-users. Leaving the market wide open to the ever more bloated Eset. :'(

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Here you go; Advantage Computers .

Obtained my Home site license from there ;)

Thankfully the retail price of Vipre for the European market has fallen a lot in the last 12 months, even with the dreaded VAT.

3. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Funny is that this company also resells ESET products (something Biscuit obviosly doesn't want) :)

4. Biscuit

Thanks Blackcat, but I didn't make myself clear. You have kindly given me a link to a reseller, I am already a reseller, so I need to buy from either the company itself (GFI who have no section on their site to sell Vipre), or from a distributor - i.e. a company that only sells to the IT trade. I am already a GFI approved reseller, but GFI have not (yet) taken onboard the slightly dysfunctional Vipre distribution.

5. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

Just give our UK office a call - i'll PM you the number.

Mike

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

I really don't see how comments like this help the OP.

7. Pain of Salvation

Pain of Salvation Registered Member

Vipre is great! Very light and the webshield is amazing.

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Has it always had a web shield?

9. notsupplied_31

notsupplied_31 Registered Member

I just updated Earthlink Protection Control Center® which previously was powered by Kaspersky. Now it is a Sunbelt Software powered product. I installed the optional firewall and it is very nice. Earthlink users who still have the Kaspersky version installed are being given the option of updating their licence code number when the old license expires. But if you completely uninstall Earthlink PCC® you cannot reinstall the Kaspersky product, only the new version by Sunbelt Software. I believe I can live with this product very happily.:)

10. Biscuit

Feedback.

I received a PM from Sunbelt within a few hours of my posting. Giving me details of the UK distributor. "Excellent" I thought & called the distributor immediately. The number was constantly engaged, so I found their website & made a dealer application through there.

Now, it's 3 weeks later & I've had no follow-up from Sunbelt & not a peep from the UK "distributor".

Note to Sunbelt:
    Sign up as a reseller with Eset - see how they have an excellent reseller system with their crappy product. Now as a secret buyer, try to sign up with Sunbelt UK & prepare to wait a few years.

11. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

@Biscuit

Have you actually called them ? Any other attempt to contact them (except from filling an Internet application that you wish to be Sunbelt products reseller) ?

You should contact the distributor directly or draw yourself a conclusion for the company you plan to work with.

12. Biscuit

I can't call the UK distributors, they are always engaged & do not reply to emails. I have had further email & telephone contact from Sunbelt themselves, but nothing from their UK distribution at all.

So I still can't resell the product, I have no NFR product & no contact from distribution. GFI are ok, Sunbelt are good, but UK distribution is non-existent.

13. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

You might want to take a look at this:
    -http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Press/Releases/?id=379-

Why don't you contact GFI now? Maybe they're looking for resellers or partners for this new product. AFAIK it's only avail in the UK. I actually talked to Sunbelt's Customer Svc yesterday and asked them about this cause sounds interesting. I was informed is not avail anywhere else at the moment. :thumb:

14. Biscuit

Thanks for the interesting reply. I appreciate your response.

GFI are still not distributing Sunbelt & are relying on the old Sunbelt UK distribution. US resellers have it better, being able to deal direct with Sunbelt.

As a reseller, lifetime licences are not good for me. An annual renewable licence gives me the opportunity to review the market & move my userbase to which ever security product I find too be the most effective. Annual renewals allow me to offer a better service to my users, my renewal emails give them the option to have an on-site or remote tune-up. Without security renewals, I have no valid reason to keep in contact with my users other than with sales mailshots, which are generally ignored. I think that at nearly £60, the price is too high.

15. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I doesn't. But then the OP could have asked his question without taking a swipe at Eset which I believe was the point.

16. TeamVipre

TeamVipre Registered Member

The UK Distributor is Exclusive Networks, Based in Chesterfield, i work for them and actually am the UK account manager for Vipre AV and all sunbelt products. Our telephone number is 0844 2258200. I hope this helps and will hear from you shortly. OH and when you call ask for Matt!

Hope to hear from you soon

Cheers

17. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Excellent move, to take this social network of security enthousiasts seriously. The negative feedback posted, is compensated (at least in my opinion). :thumb: Wondering how biscuit's request was handled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.