Backup & Recovery 2010 Free Advanced

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by tgell, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgell

tgell Registered Member

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Installed it, but the Cyclic Backup Wizard disappeared!

3. tgell

tgell Registered Member

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

5. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Hmm ... Download section in My Account offers me still 10.2 Free version. No signs nor information about 2010 Free Advanced version. Strange.

A couple of questions:
    1) Is 2010 Free Advanced version an evolution of 10.2 Free or is it another separate version?
    2) If 2010 Free Advanced version is upgrade to 10.2 Free, can we install the Advanced version over 10.2 Free?
    3) Can we have a change log of 2010 Free Advanced version or a list of differences between the both at least?
    4) What's going on with the Cyclic backup as J_L hinted?

Paragon moderators can you please clear up the above queries?

Thx.
    pegas

6. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

No you cannot install over the existing Paragon Backup and Restore 10.2. I have tried it I thought it will update itself to 2010 Advanced but it did not. You'll have to get a separate license for it also.

I think they just removed the cyclic backup...downgraded the version from the 10.2...tsk..was getting promising...

P2V Migration...has anybody tried it yet? Can P2v Migration be used to migrate the current pc settings in an archive to a virtual environment, say, VirtualBox or VMLite? Again with the help feature disappearing there is no way to check and read first before posting here...Hey what's happening?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  7. tgell

tgell Registered Member

P2V Migration - Clones an existing software environment into a virtual disk. Migrate a physical system to a virtual environment by converting all installed software and data into a virtual disk of the required virtual machine.

Per the manual the following virtual software is supported. Funny, the manual also references cyclic backup.

Supported Virtual Machines
    Microsoft Virtual PC;
    VMware Workstation;
    Sun VirtualBox.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/download_manual.html

8. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

@tgell;

Thanks for the reply.

I asked because I am also doing a trial of VirtualBox in a different older pc. I will try the P2V when I get some issues cleared.

Manual....guess it's the same to what I have been referring to also in the Help file...BUT still having a help file is needed. As of the moment having problems downloading the help file/manual from the link in the "Help". IMHO this should have been provided with the download of the program.

Hope for more mod assistance here.

Regards!

9. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

Just found this thread, changelog don't seem to be something paragon does. I'm also wondering if upgrading is worth it too.

10. pegas

pegas Registered Member

11. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

Thanks for that. I tried 2010 Advanced in a VM and indeed it didn't seem any different apart from the P2V additions so will probably stick with 10.2 as it works. Trouble is with no changlog you don't know if anything has been fixed. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.