Comodo Cloud Scanning

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by guest, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-cloud-scanning-t57552.0.html

2. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I don't like in general the cloud based applications. Mamutu for exemple used this system. Most part of users are not experienced and aware users, so also if one million of users says " yes " I don't feel safer. What I mean is that I think that Cloud is other from native concept of a HIPS based defense. But I understand that sandbox users can find comfortable this new.

3. MisterMooth

MisterMooth Registered Member

All this does it look up the file you're trying to run online to see if Comodo defines it as safe. It reduces the amount of safe applications being sandboxed.

4. guest

guest Guest

The difference is that this cloud will be not determined by the users choices, so you will never have a trusted file ony beacuse other users say that it's safe.
    Comodo team make the files safe "by hand" and then they add them to the "cloud".

5. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

I'll trust a cloud that trasparently will provide indications in real time of the uploaded files and that keeps a sincere log about the uploads. Hitman Pro shows the files that uploads but I don't think that keeps a log.
    In any case any new initiative versus better prevention is good. So it's good to see Comodo take this step. I have always my doubts about the known by hash and name files, but it will help for sure combined with the rest of the tools included in the suite.

6. guest

guest Guest

is it ready to use now with CIS latest version?

7. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Not sure if it is built into the latest version, but I do know it is not active yet.

8. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

Would CIS firewall & defense + be a good addition to Immunet Protect Plus?

9. guest

guest Guest

IMO, CIS is the best security application nowadays, so add it to any configuration is a very good idea.
    Firewall + "D+" + Sandbox + any AV

10. buckslayr

Thanks. Adding it to my lineup as we speak.:thumb:

11. buckslayr

Did you have to add Immunet to Comodo as an exclusion / "safe file"?

12. guest

guest Guest

Yes, comodo will ask you anyway after install immunet.
    When you check do not sandbox this application again, the application will be automatically moved to "my own safe files"

13. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Ok, I didn't understand it. Anyway I didn't want to be polemical ;), and I use Defense+ ! Simply I debate about sandboxing and HIPS concept.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.