Is Prevx available without SafeOnline?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Lyondellic, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyondellic

Lyondellic Registered Member

The bottom of the Prevx site's main page proclaims in bold text that users can: "Select the options to meet your security needs and budget..."

Just below this statement, the following Prevx components are listed: SafeOnline, Free, Cleanup and Protection. Each component, with the exception of the one that is Free, contains a user selection box. The Free component also contains a selection box but it is not configurable, which is understandable.

In short, the Prevx site leads me to believe that it is possible to purchase Prevx 3.0 sans SafeOnline. I purchased a 3-PC license, but have always found SafeOnline to be problematic. I know that I can turn off SafeOnline, and frequently do, but would prefer to install a standalone version without SafeOnline.

Is there a standalone version of Prevx 3.0? If not, I feel that Prevx should remove what I consider to be misleading information from their site.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The download of Prevx will include SafeOnline in a trial version, but it can be disabled as you've tried. There isn't a separate download for a non-SafeOnline version but you can use the commandline:

prevxcsifree.exe /prop SECUREB=N

to install Prevx without SafeOnline ever being installed. We don't offer a version with SafeOnline disabled as the vast majority of our users have not had any problems so we haven't had any demand to do so. However, if you are having some reproducible problems, please let me know and I'll do as much as I can to try and correct them for you :)

Let me know if you have any questions!

3. Lyondellic

I appreciate your reply, as well as the timely responses from Prevx support when I have had questions or issues in the past. As per my original post, however, the information you have provided does not address my primary concern.

Potential customers who visit the Prevx site are presented with misleading information, namely that they have the option to select, purchase and install individual components of the software. The user configurable selection [check] boxes are really just window dressing.

As far as I can tell, there are four options available for home use [non-commercial] of Prevx: SafeOnline [Paid/Free], Prevx [Free], Prevx with SafeOnline [Paid]

May I suggest that the Prevx site be updated to accurately reflect these options; and to include links to the various Command Line installation options?

4. vojta

vojta Registered Member

Select, yes.

Purchase, yes.

Install individual components, where?.

5. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

As far as I know there are more:
    PrevX free
    SafeOnline paid(includes PrevX free)
    PrevX partly paid(only cleanup)
    PrevX fully paid(cleanup and protection)
    PrevX fully paid with SafeOnline paid.

The only thing what they don't say on the website is that if you buy a combination without SafeOnline paid, you get SafeOnline trial included.

6. Lyondellic

7. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

This is exactly correct :) All versions come with the SafeOnline trial version included for free and can be purchased without it if wanted. The "configuration" boxes in the Buy pages should allow you to customize exactly what you want in a license key.

8. vojta

vojta Registered Member

So the statement 'Select the options to meet your security needs and budget...' is synonymous of 'install individual components'.

I can't see the problem of a product coming with another's product trial version, when this can be deactivated easily. But I guess different people have different needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.