Opera 10.50 Final is released - The fastest browser on Earth

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by nanana1, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Opera 10.50 (with Opera Widgets for Desktop) for Windows (Final)

Release notes :
    Opera 10.50 (with Opera Widgets for Desktop) is a recommended Opera browser upgrade offering new and improved features, plus security and stability enhancements. For your reference, the changelog for Opera 10.50 beta 2 (with Opera Widgets for Desktop) is available at the Opera Changelogs for Windows Web site.

Release date: March 2, 2010

http://www.opera.com/browser/download/

New features:
    Better integration with the Windows operating system
    Windows 7:
    Aero Glass
    Aero Peek
    Jump Lists
    Opera Carakan JavaScript engine
    Cross-platform bytecode interpreter for a new register-based instruction set
    Internal object model with automatic classification and inline property caching
    Machine code generation (JIT compiler)
    Divided garbage collection heap: automatically traverses the memory of active heaps
    Caching of compiled programs
    Reduced memory usage
    Additional Carakan information (http://my.opera.com/core/blog/2009/12/22/carakan-revisited)

2. HJO

HJO Guest

Thanks for the fast information.
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

3. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

This final release feels like a beta too. Until they fix the skin incompatibility problems I'm staying with 10.10.
    I also dislike the new Find function. I'm very disappointed.

4. ProrokX

ProrokX Registered Member

On Opera Desktop Team, there is still Opera 10.5 5 RC... Im little disappointed- it has got many bugs:doubt: And final is ready probably because browser choice screen in Europe, which had to be ready on 1st of March...

5. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Well not a single browser or software that is out there can honestly say that they are bug free, team Opera worked literally round the clock with myriads of RCs and you can bet that issues would be resolved fast.

6. ProrokX

ProrokX Registered Member

Yep. Thats for sure, but they have been working so fast, that Im little confused about final release. As I said: "final is ready probably because browser choice screen in Europe, which had to be ready on 1st of March"- I hope that state is untrue;)
    Anyway I really enjoy my new Opera:thumb: !

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

when I maximize the browser there is no pretty much no space above the tabs which I hope will be sorted soon. plus the new opera menu button isnt a complete O the top is cut off. i think it should be a complete O.
    would be nice if i could change the windows 7 task bar support so it would only show different windows, atm it shows a big list of all my tabs.
    other than that I really like opera 10.5

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Very good as always! :D

They getting better now, and the next releases can only be better because now they put even more efford on development...

9. tusque

tusque Registered Member

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hey tusque,
    thanks alot.

I have also found the option to disable the windows 7 thumbnailss so it only shows one icon for opera instead of expanding and showing all my separate tabs. I will leave it as default for now but may turn it off later.

11. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

It's fast alright, after double clicking the installer file it takes 0.5 seconds to say "Error reading setup initialization file".

Lemon, it won't even install. :thumbd:

12. linuxforall

Download it again, probably corrupted download, use the msi file.

13. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Yes. It is very customizable and easy to configure and use :p :thumb:

14. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Well...it seems OK now that I've set the task/main bar back to default. We'll see...

15. bman412

bman412 Registered Member

I find this version still a bit buggy. Windows xp firewall keeps bugging me about opera needing firewall exemption even after I turned off unite. URLs from other programs won't launch if I have the browser set to start with speed dial.

16. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

It may be the fastest, but it's ugly as sin and, like others said, a bit buggy. And, why in the world can't both Firefox and Opera figure out that support for BOTH OGG and H.264 is the way to go? Pulling the " one browser/website supports this but not that" BS that was standard practice for half the internets' life isn't going to cut it. Apple and Microsoft pull those stunts because they are greedy and think their poop doesn't stink. There's no excuse for the rest to do it.

Anyway, back to Opera. Like always, with every other browser, there was more hype than there is substance, IMHO.

17. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Not about its current speed...

18. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

What browser(s) do you use ? o_O

19. linuxforall

Opera with proper skin and aero on under Win7 is the slickest, prettiest browser around, makes others like Chrome look archaic at their best.

20. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I still use Firefox on occasion (slowly using it less and less), but have stayed with IE8 under Win 7 for the majority of my browsing.

Rdsu: Point taken, but every browser now renders in milliseconds, so why does it even matter anymore? Shaving 10% here, 15% there off of a few milliseconds, well, *yawn*. I'm really bored with not just Opera releases, but all browsers. It seems like all they care about now and the only thing that is reviewed is speed. Regardless of my thoughts about that, Operas new release is pretty disappointing, and, it feels very rushed for this whole "ballot box" deal.

21. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

It was an opinion only, and looks don't mean much when it still acts like a beta.

22. linuxforall

At least they are beta and closer to final, most are alpha and claim final. IE8 shouldn't even be a contender for a browser, its half conceived ill gotten child of MS whereas less I say about Bloatyfox, the better it is.

23. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

hmmm......and i never thought about this :D

24. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Good to know that IE8 under Win7 has met your needs and expectations for a browser. IE8 is a good and fast browser, much improved from IE7.

Just stay with and enjoy IE8 for you will do:thumb:

For the rest of us who like to use Opera, we do with Opera what you did with IE8. We'll enjoy Opera 10.50 as it is now released.:D

For those who don't like Opera or this new version release, just use what you were comfortable with and enjoy your browsing :)

25. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

well the problem is that even the chronic opera addicts here are irked by some of the so called niceties of the new release and airing that is in no way an anti opera diatribe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.